DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We use bio washing liquid in ours. It almost smells of roses!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good Luck Sandra, but think of Joy and Maz, they just have a routine sure it will become just another job soon.

I have had a few lessons just in case :sick:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ok that's that done for a few days. Not too bad, I remembered about the yellow button to release the air and there was no splash back. The cassette did fall off the trolly though on way to dump, luckily nothing opened or leaked out!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You soon get used to it.... Been doing it for over 5+ Years now as a fulltimer and I don't even notice the smell any more. I still remember when I first started MH'ing having gipping sessions each time :rolleyes:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You should have held on for another day Sandra -Sid would have been back ;)
terry

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Morning Sandra

word of caution for next time, put the cassette cap down lower than the elsan when you take it off, you would not be the first to watch it drop inside, then you have an empty toilet you still cant use

David

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Saw this in France. Man up to his elbows down the hole trying to get his cap back. He never did. Yuk yuk. Made me gag.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife does all that sort of thing.

Its not my department.

I have never changed a nappy either - I made that a condition of having any children

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I don't know what all the fuss is about..... it has to be done and it's your effluent so just get on with it. The only time I've felt ill doing cassette duty was when the old formaldehyde chemicals were used, the stink of the chemicals was awful. Now we use laundry liquid and although it is probably only a mask to the smell I don't care.

Mind this is from the woman who LIKES cleaning out poultry houses and is always willing to give a hand on mucking out day!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My wife does all that sort of thing.

Its not my department.

I have never changed a nappy either - I made that a condition of having any children

My wife made it a condition that I would do all the "technical stuff" so muggins here gets the job. Still, she'll never try and prize the bbq out of my cold dead hands

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Usually The Drake does the outside stuff including the cassette but I think it is important that not only I know how to do it but can actually do it if and when necessary. So I do the cassette and the tanks every third or fourth go. I'd do it more often but by the time I have done the inside cleaning he's normally done cassettes and tanks.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Usually The Drake does the outside stuff including the cassette but I think it is important that not only I know how to do it but can actually do it if and when necessary. So I do the cassette and the tanks every third or fourth go. I'd do it more often but by the time I have done the inside cleaning he's normally done cassettes and tanks.
Thats a long time for a man to have to hold it all in for, I'd be bursting if it was the 4th :(

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I don't know what all the fuss is about..... it has to be done and it's your effluent so just get on with it. The only time I've felt ill doing cassette duty was when the old formaldehyde chemicals were used, the stink of the chemicals was awful. Now we use laundry liquid and although it is probably only a mask to the smell I don't care.

Mind this is from the woman who LIKES cleaning out poultry houses and is always willing to give a hand on mucking out day!

No fuss, I just wanted to share the moment of my slight distress with my fellow, sympathetic ( thank you Carol) supportive (not), (Teddybard grrrr) motorhome friends.

I can confidently report that there was actually no smell, as of course I was only emptying my own produce and not Sid's. There was a faint whiff of roses and that was about it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Wot? Not man enough to change a nappy? Brave admission! :LOL:

I don't know about being man enough, I just didn't fancy it.
No fuss, I just wanted to share the moment of my slight distress with my fellow, sympathetic ( thank you Carol) supportive (not), (Teddybard grrrr) motorhome friends.

I can confidently report that there was actually no smell, as of course I was only emptying my own produce and not Sid's. There was a faint whiff of roses and that was about it.

Sometime a light hearted thread is taken a tad too seriously on here.

I love it:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back