OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
how can you Caramelize a steak?
Why would you use a flat frying pan?
Griddle pan is the way to go imho.
The pan was so hot the butter burnt

I normally use a griddle pan too but in this case I tried it as the video suggested. The steak did caramelise, and (to my surprise) the butter did not burn either.

Each to his own and all that but I can honestly say the steak was one of the best I have had for years......... tasty, juicy and tender :) Actually I am so impressed this will be my 'go to' method of choice from now(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I normally use a griddle pan too but in this case I tried it as the video suggested. The steak did caramelise, and (to my surprise) the butter did not burn either.

Each to his own and all that but I can honestly say the steak was one of the best I have had for years......... tasty, juicy and tender :) Actually I am so impressed this will be my 'go to' method of choice from now(y)

You enjoyed it so that is job done, still curious about the caramelise as this refers to frying the natural sugars out of food, onions for example, the other thing I wasn`t too keen on was he used Extra Virgin olive oil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My favourite is esquilado of South African water buffalo, marinated with half a bottle of Tiger Beer, and cooked in a tin hat over a driftwood fire, washed down with the other half bottle. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back