The patter of tiny (furry) feet (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Picked Barley up from Many Tears Rescue in Llanelli at 12:00 yesterday. He was brought to the UK overland from a kill shelter in Portugal along with 76 other dogs only a week ago so this last week has been very unsettling for him. Then the poor little man had to suffer a 4.1/2 hour journey home in the car with us and was sick twice. We now seem to have completely bonded in as much as he follows me everywhere, but he's very unsure with Mark at the moment. He appears to be a very intelligent little boy (so intelligent that he's managed to get through the gate twice to follow me) and has taken to his bed quite easily. Thought we might leave him in the kitchen at night but, given that I can't even go to the loo without him following me, I think he will have to come upstairs. The gate now has chicken wire and cable ties halfway up. Update after first night: He slept on his bed by my side of the bed and didn't make a peep all night. Each time he needed to pee/poo he has done it outside in the garden. No accidents at all. So far he's been a little star. Oh, and he's met our neighbours Springer spaniel called Spring and I think he's in love. Next on the agenda is a bath 'cos he's a bit stinky. Then the big test - Motorhoming!
050718 Barley (1).JPG
050718 Barley (3).JPG

Some photos from his first night.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well done Ann for rescuing a pup from a very uncertain future!
He looks already at home.
Happy motorhoming Barley!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Bless you both for giving Barley a chance in life. I’m sure he will repay your kindness a million times over the years you are together.

Be careful he does not get used to following you and being with you 24/7 as you could face separation issues in the future when you need to leave him. Get him used to staying in a room when you leave to get him comfortable being alone for a few minutes and give him an understanding you will come back. Increase the time you leave him getting him used to it.

Wishing you many many happy years together

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
@stewartwebr Yes, you're right. Our last dog had severe separation anxiety when our other dog died and it was very difficult for us. He's been through so much leading up to us having him so I need him to feel safe with us. I'll give him another day then start the separation training.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
He looks lovely. Well done for giving a rescue dog a home.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Arrius

Free Member
Jun 29, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
Thank you for rescuing him.

He looks very happy, I am sure you will have a great time together. (y)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I think .... he's laid back enough to go motorhoming.

Please don't quote me on this anytime in the future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back