Apr 6, 2017
Andalucia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544 Camp
Exp
Since 2017
hi all

I have just got myself a Hymer/Ducato motorhome! First timer, I know absolutely nothing about these things but I know already I love it! I've only really driven it back from the dealer (it's a part exchange) and around the block a couple of times, but I am just beaming all the way. Then I stop and look over my shoulder - oh look! My home :)

My immediate plan is to spend a few months roaming around Europe, keeping the piggy bank topped up by working free-lance from the 'van. At least this is the dream!

First I need to make sure she's ready for the long haul - I need to check the electric system is all in order and will fit solar panels if needed. To my surprise, after I had bought it and parked it outside my flat, looking down upon it from the window, I saw it actually already had a panel up on the roof. It was never mentioned in the ad or by the dealer so I have no idea if this works or what power output it is.

It has two leisure batteries, one of which is kaput and disconnected. There's an additional battery charging unit as well. So I need to determine if it's all wired up correctly and if I can just stick a replacement battery in place of the duff one.

Other than that, there are just a couple of other small things that need to be done to the interior.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Regards,
Rollin' Rich :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :welco: sounds as if you have some great plans you have found the best forum to reaserch all things Motorhome related and much more besides, one of the best investments you could make is to become a full member ÂŁ15 a year, then you would be able to post as often as you like (not just the first 5 free posts) as well as get Funster discounts and use all the resource information on here.
Welcome aboard .

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
:hiya2:w2f

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Can you not go back to the Dealer and get him to explain how everything works.
Also why the second battery is not connected.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
hi all

First I need to make sure she's ready for the long haul - I need to check the electric system is all in order and will fit solar panels if needed. To my surprise, after I had bought it and parked it outside my flat, looking down upon it from the window, I saw it actually already had a panel up on the roof. It was never mentioned in the ad or by the dealer so I have no idea if this works or what power output it is.

It has two leisure batteries, one of which is kaput and disconnected. There's an additional battery charging unit as well. So I need to determine if it's all wired up correctly and if I can just stick a replacement battery in place of the duff one.

Other than that, there are just a couple of other small things that need to be done to the interior.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Regards,
Rollin' Rich :)
If you bought it from a motor trade dealer, everything should be in working order before you paid for it and drove it away.

It should also come with a minimum three months warranty

Peter

OP
OP
Rollin
Apr 6, 2017
Andalucia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544 Camp
Exp
Since 2017
Can you not go back to the Dealer and get him to explain how everything works.

Also why the second battery is not connected.

You're right I should do that, or at least call them up and ask about it.

It should also come with a minimum three months warranty

That's good to know. I thought it would be down to whatever warranty they choose to give, did a quick Google, found this. The law was overhauled last October, seems like it's now 6 months (or at least, for the first 6 months, it's the seller's responsibility to show any fault was not present at the time of purchase, not the buyer's responsibility to show that it was). That makes me feel a lot better!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I think you have got that wrong, it is the dealers responsibility to put right any faults that develop or found during the warranty period including pre delivery

Peter

OP
OP
Rollin
Apr 6, 2017
Andalucia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544 Camp
Exp
Since 2017
I think you have got that wrong, it is the dealers responsibility to put right any faults that develop or found during the warranty period including pre delivery

Peter

Right, thanks. In hindsight I should've given them a bit of a grilling about what problems they were aware of, if any. Hindsight is 20/20! So I'm hoping it doesn't have any major faults, beyond the dead 2nd leisure battery (they could have removed this and just said the van only has one so I wouldn't expect this to be covered by warranty). The solar panel is working, which is great, however it's a fairly old thing and just 50W. Something I'll want to upgrade in the next weeks. First I need to determine if there's something wrong with the elektroblock, as from what I can tell the leisure battery isn't being charged by the engine (just the panel). Other threads here suggest this could be a bad connection somewhere or relay, so I'll need to check that over more closely next weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back