The New Normal? (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fairly new, since Sept 2016
Well, we have been on a two week Cornwall tour to 2 sites recommended on here, Portscatho, Gwithian and also Trevornick (my husband fishes and they have lakes) and Dennis Cove in Padstow. Unusually we have been disturbed by late night noise and football and general bad manners in that other people feel it is ok to let their dogs run aroundcontinually walk across our pitch, park their vehicles on part of it and even put their vehicles on to fill up with water!

I was wondering if certain types, not being able to go and cause havoc in Benidorm as usual are hiring tents and statics/vehicles and visiting sites instead?!

I now understand why a lot of motorhomers “rope off’ their pitches with windbreaks. We have to be very cautious about letting our dog out on his long lead even though he cannot get near the edge of our pitch.

Anyone recommend a good windbreak?!

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Live n let live this season I’m afraid, on a rally and the steward directed the van on the pitch next to us right on the divider line, literally his tyres on the line, he has to come on our pitch to get his cassette out then walked diagonally over our pitch to path, you could get another 2 vans on his pitch the other side as their big pitches.
But it’s how he was told to park, and he’s nice to talk to so I don’t mine and at least he don’t stop for a cr*p on my grass 😉🤣🤣🤣

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Maybe nothing new but more that some people just feel entitled to spread out

Probably 15 years ago, I was pitched perfectly properly on a Caravan Club site and went off walking for the day. Came back to find the caravan next door had erected an awning which stopped me getting to my door!

When I mentioned it to the warden, he asked whether I would mind very much turning my van round as it was less hassle than asking them to move. I moved. Anything for a quiet life 😕

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaneyBMotorhomer In Hants
Feb 21, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fairly new, since Sept 2016
Maybe nothing new but more that some people just feel entitled to spread out

Probably 15 years ago, I was pitched perfectly properly on a Caravan Club site and went off walking for the day. Came back to find the caravan next door had erected an awning which stopped me getting to my door!

When I mentioned it to the warden, he asked whether I would mind very much turning my van round as it was less hassle than asking them to move. I moved. Anything for a quiet life 😕
I think motorhomers should get cheaper rates as they are expected to share their pitches with caravaners with awnings and people with large tents.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Live n let live this season I’m afraid, on a rally and the steward directed the van on the pitch next to us right on the divider line, literally his tyres on the line, he has to come on our pitch to get his cassette out then walked diagonally over our pitch to path, you could get another 2 vans on his pitch the other side as their big pitches.
But it’s how he was told to park, and he’s nice to talk to so I don’t mine and at least he don’t stop for a cr*p on my grass 😉🤣🤣🤣
Friends came with us on euro holiday. Their first time caravanning. Big hedges between pitches, my mate unrolled his 25 metre cable and saw what he thought was the nearest plug in.( it wasnt) Brazenly and confidently walked between a motorhome and the dutch couple at their dining table then walked around the back of their motorhome to plug it in . Too funny, I’ve never seen people so speechless. I gave him some moetiquette tips after when we had stopped laughing!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back