The Motorhome & US RV Show - SEPT 11-13 2009 (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Roger dodgy moments with Wales taking the lead - hooray possibly, but can we leave the welsh rain behind.... PLEASE! , PLEASE!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Haganap can you do us a special favour please and let the sun shine for us too, as you have such magic powers in conjuring the sun to shine ...ta :thumb::thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Roger , sorry forgot to ask on last post, where are the details for the comps going on, .. just wondering about the details, as failed to find anything about them ... have I missed something? Ta!

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sorry about that I assumed the details were on the stone leisure site. But only appears on leaflet sent to me.Sunday 14th
Best cake judged downstairs in theWestex at 11am setup at 10.30
Best knitted item judged downstairs in theWestex at 11am setup at 10.30
Best Craft (Ladies & Gents) judged downstairs in theWestex at 11am setup at 10.30
Best Dog at the Show Judged at the bandstand 1pm
Prize £25 Judges decision Final Times approximate

State interest when booking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Sorry about that I assumed the details were on the stone leisure site. But only appears on leaflet sent to me.Sunday 14th
Best Craft (Ladies & Gents) judged downstairs in theWestex at 11am setup at 10.30

Hi All,
I for my sins booked with Stone Leisure way back in May as I have done for the last 19 years as it is one of my regular events. As I saw no sign of other groups I have booked with the MCC of which I am also a member. We are normaly up the top left next to the pedestrian entrance gate. I would like to meet up with some of you so where will the FUNSTERS be on the field??

Brian

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi All,
I for my sins booked with Stone Leisure way back in May as I have done for the last 19 years as it is one of my regular events. As I saw no sign of other groups I have booked with the MCC of which I am also a member. We are normaly up the top left next to the pedestrian entrance gate. I would like to meet up with some of you so where will the FUNSTERS be on the field??

Brian

hi Brian, as it is my first year I have no idea of layout or where the funsters have been placed yet as soon as I know I'll let you know. You can always come and park up with us for a change anyway. mo matter who you booked with. Let me know and I'll add you to the list.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am your marshal for the Sept Shepton Mallet Show this year. so lets make it a good one. Shepton Mallet is midway betwen Bristol and Yeovil in Somerset ideally placed to travel from the Midlands, South or Wales.
running from 11-13th Sept but you can arrive on the Thursday and leave on Monday by midday so well worth travelling to. Come on guys and gals lets have a great show.
see link to the actual show site below.

<Link Removed>

The FUN site this year is a mixture of grass and hard standing.

arrive Thursday £28 pre booked or £30 on the gate
Arrive Friday £23 prebooked or £25 on the gate
payment includes 2 nights entertainment can't be bad
Pre bookings must arrive by 3rd Sept to get your club discount.

£2 club discount by booking with the Funsters.
New!!!
It would appear there are some competitions running, best cake, best knitted item, best craft, best dog of the show. Enter when you book
Sunday 14th
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Electric hookups are available this year booked and paid for in advance.
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

Paperwork has arrived so a few things to clarify, Fees are for camping per van with two adults, extra adults are £5 each, children are free.

Electric hookups Important info
are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

We have been sent a club booking form for 10 hookups or more, I dont suppose we will need that many.
Power will be supplied from 9am on Thursday 10th September until 8am on Monday 14th September.
should anyone trip the supply due to overload there will be a £25 + Vat charge for reconnection
Everyone on has one free trip
so charge only applies to serial offenders

orders received after 14th August are subject to a 25% surcharge

Due to time constraints I suggest you arrange power direct with them rather than through me. Make sure you give them your user name so I know who has a hookup and let me know via PM that you have paid.
Payment is required with order.
you will require a 25mtr hookup lead.

the following have already expressed an interest. If you have booked please let me know so I can add you to the list. If not then please book now. Where are all our Southern and Welsh funsters hiding.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Those attending so far:-
Wildman - Roger and Sue, Rally Marshall
Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Smudger - all the way from Eire,
Onderweg - Paul and Ineke, and their dog Giddy coming from the Netherlands
Champers - Kath and John from welsh Wales, hee hee
Lesleyjean - Lesley, Alan, and Dot
Meggie- Meggie and Ceri also from Wales
Gonewiththewind -Don
Ambillkate - Amanda, Bill and Kate
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Boo from the far off land of Cornshire
Tintin
Road Runner- John and Wales looks like taking the lead in the country stakes, heehee
Peter H - from welsh Wales as long as there is no Cricket on, hee hee
Gizzmo

does anyone play an instrument if so bring it along, lets have a hoolie and if it is still pouring down who knows maybe we will have a wet teeshirt competition, now where is my teashirt, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
hi Brian, as it is my first year I have no idea of layout or where the funsters have been placed yet as soon as I know I'll let you know. You can always come and park up with us for a change anyway. mo matter who you booked with. Let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Okay then young man , I will join you for a change, I hope the ground will be solid as my van is a Heavy.

brian

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am your marshal for the Sept Shepton Mallet Show this year. so lets make it a good one. Shepton Mallet is midway betwen Bristol and Yeovil in Somerset ideally placed to travel from the Midlands, South or Wales.
running from 11-13th Sept but you can arrive on the Thursday and leave on Monday by midday so well worth travelling to. Come on guys and gals lets have a great show.
see link to the actual show site below which includes online booking.

<Link Removed>

Royal Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet,
Somerset BA4 6QN

New!!!
It would appear there are some competitions running, best cake, best knitted item, best craft, best dog of the show. Enter when you book
Sunday 14th
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Electric hookups are available this year booked and paid for in advance.
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

Paperwork has arrived so a few things to clarify, Fees are for camping per van with two adults, extra adults are £5 each, children are free.

are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

We have been sent a club booking form for 10 hookups or more, I dont suppose we will need that many.
Power will be supplied from 9am on Thursday 10th September until 8am on Monday 14th September.
should anyone trip the supply due to overload there will be a £25 + Vat charge for reconnection

Due to time constraints I suggest you arrange power direct with them rather than through me. Make sure you give them your user name so I know who has a hookup and let me know via PM that you have paid.

the following have already expressed an interest. If you have booked please let me know so I can add you to the list. If not then please book now. Where are all our Southern and Welsh funsters hiding.

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Gonewiththewind -Don
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Tintin
Road Runner- John and Wales looks like taking the lead in the country stakes, heehee
Gizzmo
Slickmouse
Carl65 - Carl Helen and Ethan
Maubri - Brian
Yodeli - Frankie from la belle France

does anyone play an instrument if so bring it along, lets have a hoolie and if it is still pouring down who knows maybe we will have a wet teeshirt competition, now where is my teashirt, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Roger,

Just about to book for Shepton Mallett... hope there will be room for me (I'm flying from Portugal to be there and plan to bring some sunshine with me)
JJ

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi there Roger,

Just about to book for Shepton Mallett... hope there will be room for me (I'm flying from Portugal to be there and plan to bring some sunshine with me)
JJ
Magic another country to add to the list a truely international meet this time, but if flying what will you be in, a tent?

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

<Link Removed>

Somerset BA4 6QN

New!!!
Sunday 14th
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Gonewiththewind -Don
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Tintin
Gizzmo
Slickmouse
Maubri - Brian
JJWagon JJ flying in from Portugal. (country No6, fantastic)

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

<Link Removed>

Somerset BA4 6QN

New!!!
Sunday 14th
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Gonewiththewind -Don
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Tintin
Gizzmo
Slickmouse
Maubri - Brian
Tompyn - Dave and Miriam
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Roger

I have just booked myself and Alan and Dot and Jimmy in for the show.
I have also booked 2 Electric Hook Ups
Just to let you know

Lesley

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
IMPORTANT!!! Electric hookups
must be booked by 14th August or will incur a 25% surcharge,
you were warned.
I am your marshal for the Sept Shepton Mallet Show this year. so lets make it a good one. Shepton Mallet is midway between Bristol and Yeovil in Somerset ideally placed to travel from the Midlands, South or Wales.

<Link Removed>

Royal Bath & West Show-ground, Shepton Mallet,
Somerset BA4 6QN

New!!!
Sunday 14th
Best cake judged downstairs in the Wessex at 11am setup at 10.30
Best knitted item judged downstairs in the Wessex at 11am setup at 10.30
Best Craft (Ladies & Gents) judged downstairs in the Wessex at 11am setup at 10.30
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

We have been sent a club booking form for 10 hookups or more, I don't suppose we will need that many.

the following have already expressed an interest. If you have booked please let me know so I can add you to the list. If not then please book now. Where are all our Southern and Welsh Funsters hiding.

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Smudger - swimming all the way from Eire,
Lesleyjean - Lesley and Alan
Gonewiththewind -Don
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Tintin
Gizzmo
Slickmouse
Maubri - Brian
Yodeli - Frankie flying in from la belle France
Tompyn - Dave and Miriam
Dot - Dot and Jimmy
does anyone play an instrument if so bring it along, lets have a hoolie and if it is still pouring down who knows maybe we will have a wet teeshirt competition, now where is my tea-shirt, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

you were warned.
I am your marshal for the Sept Shepton Mallet Show this year. so lets make it a good one. Shepton Mallet is midway between Bristol and Yeovil in Somerset ideally placed to travel from the Midlands, South or Wales.

<Link Removed>

Somerset BA4 6QN

New!!!
Sunday 14th
Best Craft (Ladies & Gents) judged downstairs in the Wessex at 11am setup at 10.30
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

We have been sent a club booking form for 10 hookups or more, I don't suppose we will need that many.

the following have already expressed an interest. If you have booked please let me know so I can add you to the list. If not then please book now. Where are all our Southern and Welsh Funsters hiding.

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Gonewiththewind -Don
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Tintin
Gizzmo
Slickmouse
Maubri - Brian
Tompyn - Dave and Miriam
Dot - Dot and Jimmy
Hayleylulu - Lynn and Martin
does anyone play an instrument if so bring it along, lets have a hoolie and if it is still pouring down who knows maybe we will have a wet teeshirt competition, now where is my tea-shirt, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

you were warned.

<Link Removed>

Somerset BA4 6QN

New!!!
Sunday 14th
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Gonewiththewind -Don
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Tintin
Gizzmo
Slickmouse
Maubri - Brian
Tompyn - Dave and Miriam
Dot - Dot and Jimmy
and the would like to come if they can list:-
Chatter - Maggie and Bill
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Slightly worried... paid online on the Stone Leisure website... received a "thank you for your order" and then nothing... no email confirmation... is this normal?

(Am currently thinking of the Funsters at Malvern while I am stuck here in Las Vegas...)

JJ

PS. Several large RVs parked in the carpark...

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
not sure on that one JJ, I assume its all ok maybe others who booked online can comment.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi JJ

I paid online, received the pass this morning in the post.

Lesley

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
I Paid on-line an received my ticket and info sheet through th epost a couple of days later.

Peter

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks people... just found out my ticket has arrived... yippeee!

JJ

(now waiting for the slightly more expensive ones to arrive for Eastlands next Saturday)

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

you were warned.

<Link Removed>

Somerset BA4 6QN

New!!!
Sunday 14th
6 amp is £17.25 inc VAT
10 amp is £25.3 inc VAT

are supplied by

LX Trix Ltd
12 Lockey Road,
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 5RQ
info@lxtrix.co.uk
017498 23162

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne
Gonewiththewind -Don
Lady Jann - Ray and Val
Steve4kay - Steve
Theresa
Jomel - Joe and Mel.
Tintin
Gizzmo
Slickmouse
Maubri - Brian
Tompyn - Dave and Miriam
Dot - Dot and Jimmy
and the would like to come if they can list:-
Chatter - Maggie and Bill
Losos - Harvey from Czech Republic (country No7 has to be a record)
Timber - Alan
Pixie2308 - Lynne
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Roger

Can you add us to the list please. Just ordered our tickets.

Look forward to seeing you all.:thumb:

Sonja

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Roger, thanks for putting me on the 'Like to come if I can' list, you know the problem, do you think if I take a multi vitamin everyday it might speed things up :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back