The most Useless purchase for a MoHo (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Spare loo cassette, not used it so far.....😁
I'm lucky I have 2 Loo cassettes, one I repaired after being sent one under warranty , one my son bought us in case we could not find emptying point in Spain, also never had the "Runs to fill them !! :giggle:

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
One of thse stupid folding toast makers for the gas hob - made rubbish toast, but it made a better job of burning my fingers trying to take the thing off.
They do work after a fashion but they are usually a danger of setting fire to the cupboards above, have to be careful. This was our only option when we found our new Hobby MH had an oven but strangely no grill.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
A drive away awning. When you drive away from it, how do you reconnect it on your return ? We had the awning connector strip.
Phil
How to reatach you need:
Technique , Practice and good communication
Technique in volves knowing where wheels should be lineup marking and tall enough stepladder
Much easier if use a deticated rail.
Used to do it every day with the bongo tend not to with rapido as generally have toad.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
How to reatach you need:
Technique , Practice and good communication
Technique in volves knowing where wheels should be lineup marking and tall enough stepladder
Much easier if use a deticated rail.
Used to do it every day with the bongo tend not to with rapido as generally have toad.
Yes true. But what a faff. Much easier to use a quest pop up.
Phil

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
I have had the van for just over a year, and nothing bought by us has been useless, we like the folding buckets, two blue for fresh water and two black for grey (so we are well-balanced!) and the shelter (we don't have an awning) has been a godsend.

The only things we don't use are the things people bought us as presents...we have a range of tin mugs, some with our names on ..... a nice thought, but we hate drinking out of tin mugs! and diaries/log books ... life is too short and Barry keeps a diary anyway. We don't barbeque anywhere. I have a huge slow-cooker at home which I love but it stays at home! For a dish drainer I use a brabantia dish drying mat on the glass top of the cooker and just put a layer of kitchen roll on top every time, for hygiene sake.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
A portable generator.. Lovely bit of kit, ran it once in the New Forest. If I cannot put up with the low noise it makes then why should anybody else? Solar panels and lithium batteries have taken over now

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We have four wooden chopping boards. Why - dunno.

We did have a fifth. It was nearly three feet long and had to live in the cave. I drew the line at that.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I love my Remoska and my Slow Cooker when we are on hook-up, I also use the the Ridge Monkey a lot, very useful for all sorts of things and definitely cheaper to use for ‘cooking’ Part baked baguette/rolls, cut in half across width then cut lengthwise two pieces in RM take a few minutes, quicker & cheaper than the oven!
We have tried windbreaks several times but never seen the need, prefer not to sit behind a ‘wall’!

Kev’n

Free Member
Jul 21, 2022
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
6 years
Alloy wheels! We bought our "dealer-specced" motorhome with alloy wheels which were already on it. These cost stupid money and do exactly the same job as the original steel wheels. We were losing the will to live at the time after travelling the length and breadth of the country to find the right van so just couldn't be bothered arguing. Why do you need alloy wheels on a motorhome? It's not a pretty thing and it's hardly going to affect the handling or performance!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Alloy wheels! We bought our "dealer-specced" motorhome with alloy wheels which were already on it. These cost stupid money and do exactly the same job as the original steel wheels. We were losing the will to live at the time after travelling the length and breadth of the country to find the right van so just couldn't be bothered arguing. Why do you need alloy wheels on a motorhome? It's not a pretty thing and it's hardly going to affect the handling or performance!
Beg to differ, they look much better albeit do the same job but you can say that about a lot of things.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just bought one of these, wish I'd read here first. Will cost a third of the cost to send it back 🤦🏼‍♀️
Just buy a cheap tray to go under it, that's what I have and the tray comes in useful for other things too.

Normally comes with a tray too !
I assume it's one of the the collapsible ones, ie concertina/squish fold, which don't.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Folding drainer it has holes in the bottom!

No use for me without a drainer!!
Silly boy ... without holes it wouldn't be a drainer would it! 😆

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We have four wooden chopping boards. Why - dunno.

We did have a fifth. It was nearly three feet long and had to live in the cave. I drew the line at that.
The latter could come in useful one day if you ever need to 'dispose' of a body! 😳😆

Oct 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner 680g Ixeo
Exp
Ownner for two years
Over the years like most folk, we have purchased all manner of STUFF for the MoHo and also like most have items stuffed away that never get used:-
Waste-master​
Folding Bucket​
Trolley​
Folding washbasin​
Washing tub​
3 lots of salt and pepper shakers.. (cus they look pretty she says - no luv you cannot see them in the back of the cupboard says me)​
Emergency FrayBentos - exactly how long do they last?​
Waders....!​
Inflatable sit on ring.​
Hab Service coming up so can leave most of the unused stuff out me thinks - just like we did not the previous - not.

So to top all, last week ordered a new Wok only to find that we had ordered an XL version which barely sits on the burner ring at home let alone the one in the MoHo - it actually falls off...!

.................. what is the most useless item you have bought for your MoHo..?
A thick piece of foam with shaped cut outs to hold mugs. Our mugs ( everyday size) didn’t even fit! Reverted back to non slip matting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back