The most Useless purchase for a MoHo (1 Viewer)

TinSte

Free Member
Sep 28, 2021
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Corinium
Exp
Since 2016
Aldi are doing a portable washing (collapsible) machine, just paid & then flicked to this thread, bollix!
I was looking at those on Aldi's website. Thought ooh what a good idea, then thought about it a bit more & realised I've never used a washing machine on a campsite so would I really use it? I doubt it.

Let us know how you get on with it though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a portable twin tub washing machine in the shed. Swmbo prefers to book into a site and use theirs, usually at an extra cost though we did find one free one in France.
I actually found it rather pleasant to occasionally convert the washroom into widow twankeys laundry but then its not usually me doing the washing.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I've been reading this thread and have had several thinks and can't recall purchasing anything useless. Perhaps that little plastic guard thing that goes in the plug hole to stop lumps of food going down... Waste of a quid! 😤
Must be something about Accordo 105 owners, we can't think of purchasing anything useless. We never buy anything out of compulsion, we always ask ourselves 3 questions. Do we need it? Can we afford it? Do we want it?
The only thing which fitted all 3 and we can't use was a 12 litre drum of AdBlue.
We can't get it into the tank without spilling half of it down the van. We prefer to use forecourt pumps and pay a bit more (y)

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Must be something about Accordo 105 owners, we can't think of purchasing anything useless. We never buy anything out of compulsion, we always ask ourselves 3 questions. Do we need it? Can we afford it? Do we want it?
The only thing which fitted all 3 and we can't use was a 12 litre drum of AdBlue.
We can't get it into the tank without spilling half of it down the van. We prefer to use forecourt pumps and pay a bit more (y)
I bought a right-angled funnel that I thought would be handy one day, but I've never found a suitable hole or filler neck to put it in on the van. I'll keep it just in case :giggle:

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
But then I have a cobb which the majority of people consider a massive waste of money but had it over 10 years and love it 🤷‍♂️

You are not alone! We have had ours for a similar length of time and use it all the time - even at home. Nothing comes close to a Cobb charcoal cooked Piri Piri chicken or Greek garlic and lemon marinade leg of lamb. The kids and grandchildren are always impressed with the cooking so getting them one each for Xmas was an easy present choice.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I too saw that portable collapsable washing machine in Aldi.
First thought was 'gotta have one'
Then I came to my senses and realised I'd never use it and it'd end up on a thread like this after three years of tugging it around

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
I bought a damp meter and do my own, I fill out a gas report and an electrical report I do a full damp check and complete a form for that as well. I do this in case I have an insurance claim for total loss. My ACS expires this year but I will still do it myself next year I'll just delete the ACS bit from my forms and hope nobody notices. 😉
Can I ask where you get the forms you use

Derek’soldvan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 19, 2021
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Ageing Hobby 650
I too saw that portable collapsable washing machine in Aldi.
First thought was 'gotta have one'
Then I came to my senses and realised I'd never use it and it'd end up on a thread like this after three years of tugging it around
Ah but, & this is a big but (& not talking about mine at the moment), if you find your parked against an old hobby with a shiny set of sparkling underwear dripping heavily (cos the washing machine is only 400 rpm) on the washing line, you may rue the day you made that decision

Derek’soldvan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 19, 2021
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Ageing Hobby 650
Oh, forgot to mention I’ve gotta twin tub in my spare room cos it’s too big because of the other useless little used stuff I’ve got on board, anyone wanna buy it?????

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Ours is a 2014 euro 5 😍 love it 😍
Can't believe it was only 36k new too! We nicked it 😆

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Can I ask where you get the forms you use
I made my own report sheets on the computer for gas/electric and I nicked a damp report online then removed the reading in a Photoshop type app

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
The caravan aerial that I bought when the Satellite dish didn't work in Woodgall Spa because the boom failed to drop down. A helpful Welshman in France explained why it wasn't working. 🙄
Don't ever ask anyone for a van aerial, you may just get what you asked for ....... and didn't want :giggler:

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Moroccan mat. Far too heavy and bulky. Great, when we had the safari room, and set up camp in Portugal for months at a time.
Both sold,
An inverter bought from Gromett which has never been unpacked, as I don't know how to install it. Possibly been travelling in my Garage for 2 years already.

And the Cadac, which came free with a previous van, and has only been used once in 5 years. No idea why I don't just sell it. I think its because it was free initially, and feels wrong to make a profit. I freely admit the reasoning is bonkers.

Karen

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
I bought a waste master about 10 years ago. It's still unused. I was going to sell it a couple of years ago, but swmbo thought we might need it one day, so I kept it. Only I've never had the space to put it in the lockers anyway!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back