The most fantastic, must have, unused gadgets ever! (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I'm a gadget man, can't resist them, got to buy them, how many people have bought the most fantastic must have cutting edge (or not) gadget only to discover it in a box or cupboard years later unloved and unused.

What was it?

When I first started motorhoming about 20 years ago I found a multi-jaw, multi-swivel, multi-clamp, multi-position, multi-use vice, at an Ideal Home show, perfect for all those little jobs that were bound to crop up whilst out and about in the motor home I thought, found it in a box the other day, never used, not even once in 20 years!! Over to you!

Simon

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I reckon there are probably a lot of 'sandwich toasters' gathering dust in the back of kitchen cupboards............

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had (some still have) plenty of useless gadgets over the years. A juicer is the one that always springs to mind first.
Not Sodastream though. Jill started drinking soda water in preference to other beverages last year so we bought one for the house. This year we also bought one for the van - much better than having to purchase/carry bottles of other fizzy soft drinks.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Another vote for the juicer here. Bought one in Spain years ago thinking about all those free oranges. Forgot that fresh orange juice does not keep and it takes at least half an hour to clean the damned thing after each use. Carried the thing around unused for years then threw it in the bin last year.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Juicer,soda stream,filter coffee maker,apple corer thing -Bread maker although we did use it a lot when new -no doubt I will think of a lot more but that will do for now :D
terry

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
soda stream from the 1980's just threw it away just a few months ago think we used it for abut for weeks till the concentrate ran out the kids broke the botal and it jus lay in a box till I threw it out
bill

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I bought a weird 45 degree 3/8th drive socket extension about 10 years ago.
It is very hard to describe how it works but basically there are perhaps 8 thin rods connection each end which slide in and out as the unit is rotated.

I bought it mainly because I loved the way it works.. Have tried to use it a few times but it is never quite the right angle, or not quite enough room or.. well you get the picture.
Still love the way it works.. just got to find an application for it ! :rofl:

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
a buegler pin stripping tool so well made and easy to use. Bought 8 yrs ago with paint and magnetic guide. Tried it at a classic motorbike show and only looked at it twice and never been used

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Quite a few. Juicer, ice cream maker, filter coffee maker, Cadac, numerous weather stations, Portable GPS thingies, digital fish finders when I had a boat.

Loads more probably. All sold, given away, binned or lost.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
What was that thing that a heavy weight Boxer Frank (something) brought out, A "must have " the wife said!!
Next question; where is it now??:(

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We've had (some still have) plenty of useless gadgets over the years. A juicer is the one that always springs to mind first.
Not Sodastream though. Jill started drinking soda water in preference to other beverages last year so we bought one for the house. This year we also bought one for the van - much better than having to purchase/carry bottles of other fizzy soft drinks.
Got an electric one and a manual one (just in case) don't use either!

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Sounds just what I need, where can I buy one? :D
Probably the Ideal Home Show,or I'll root mine out LOL!

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I bought a weird 45 degree 3/8th drive socket extension about 10 years ago.
It is very hard to describe how it works but basically there are perhaps 8 thin rods connection each end which slide in and out as the unit is rotated.

I bought it mainly because I loved the way it works.. Have tried to use it a few times but it is never quite the right angle, or not quite enough room or.. well you get the picture.
Still love the way it works.. just got to find an application for it ! :rofl:
As soon as you find a use you've gotta share:censored:

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
a buegler pin stripping tool so well made and easy to use. Bought 8 yrs ago with paint and magnetic guide. Tried it at a classic motorbike show and only looked at it twice and never been used
But what happens when you've stripped the pin?

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I definitely have a problem though cos I also buy gadgets when I have no idea what they are, I once bought a lovely chrome spike with a nice handle and a stainless steel sheath, thought it might come in handy! It turns out it was for sticking through a cows ear so you could tag the cow:ROFLMAO: beat that!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
When I was nine years old I bought a 'towel' from a machine in the ladies toilets. It wasn't a towel at all .. no use to dry your hands on .... it was a headband with a loop either end to hook over your ears. o_O

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone else reading this thread got a sudden urge to drink fruit juice :LOL:

And yes, we have got an electric juicer. I know exactly where it is but I couldn't tell you the last time it was used :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back