Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its Monday so lets have a good old fashioned British Moan. ::bigsmile:

Give one or two things that other road users do to wind you up..:shout::shout: I'll start you off.

Those plonkers that think just because they are on the other carriageway their main beam does not dazzle:RollEyes:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the miserable gits who shoot down the outside of you just as you are about to park in a spot you have waited in line for ages to become vacent, take that spot and then park so far off the curb that when the adjacent spot comes vacent there is not room to get parked properly without:cry: shunting a million times. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Moan

Hi

How about the "suicide" merchants that can`t read? (If you cant see my mirrors, I cant see you!) Plastered all over the back of the Lorry AND the R-V, and STILL they sit out of sight!!! Or try to get down the inside when I`m trying to turn left. Big orange indicators flashing, side markers flashing, NEED to go wide to avoid cutting the kerb,. God only knows who taught them to drive!!!.

pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

outcast

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 yrs
The brain donors that slam the brakes on every time they see a speed camera, even when they are traveling way under the speed limit.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
People who have never been over 45mph but wont let an RV overtake them accelerating to speeds they have never seen before:Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
People turning right from a main road when you're waiting at/arriving at a T junction and nearly taking your front end off because they can't be bothered to stay in lane and find it easier to cut the corner.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
The idiot who overtakes you forcing you to brake to save his life only to gain one place in a mile long line of traffic. :Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
bus drivers in bus lanes who come to a red light, dont like it , so push out into the normal lane to go through green.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
drivers who think an ambulance siren means 'STOP NOW' no matter where you happen to be or how unsafe it is to stop.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Motor Home and Rv drivers who seem to be on Holiday 365 days a year
Ive got a fortinight mate, so git outa the way:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Grrrr!

Mr(s) 40 everywhere.

Also, I believe that you would be absolutely astonished how many people - and this is people that live right out in the sticks on very, very narrow roads with just the occasional place for passing - that haven't got a clue how to reverse an ordinary car to get into the passing place that they just passed 100yds ago and expect (and I do mean expect) the bloke with the tractor and trailer, the milk wagon, the feed delivery lorry or the motorist towing his caravan to reverse maybe a third of a mile.:Doh::Doh:

But then (as I've said before) I chose to live here, so I shouldn't complain :)Angry:why not:Angry:); and anyway, half the population is below average intelligence (though I often think that is under-estimated!::bigsmile:).

John

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The moronic driving instructor who passed me with a pupil at the wheel when I was travelling at the signed speed limit, then told his pupil to pull in as he needed the exit they were half way past!!!:Eeek::Eeek:.

D.

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
the car drivers that HAVE to pull out in front of a camper van making you slam on the brakes
then drive slower then the van any way . :Angry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
CLOG members ( Centre Lane Owners Group )

And those muppets who pull up more or less beside you on a motorway and then SIT there so you cannot pull out to overtake the lorry in front

Every driver who thinks they are a good or above average driver

Drivers in queues who think that people on motorbikes are not allowed to filter and go out of their way to make it difficult ( to say the least.. but do it too much and they WILL lose their mirror as my foot accidentally collides with it )

Lorry drivers who over fill with diesel and cause millions of pounds worth of damage and some deaths to fellow bikers

People who throw fag ends / chip wrappers and in one case a small dog !!! out of a car window so it/whatever hits the biker behind

Muppet car drivers who MOAN at the 'think bike' signs ( Heard one idiot turn to another germ and ask why they cannot think for them selves............ **** !! )

Think I had better stop now cos I can feel the froth forming and I will be falling over backwards shortly !:Eeek: :roflmto:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
To me the real D---- heads are the drivers that DON'T use their lights when conditions warrent their use -like when it's raining, misty , foggy, and even in the dark! I think there is a good case for automatic headlight switch-on. I know about the recent report that said accident rates went UP in the countries that trialled this recently but that seemed to be because people were being dazzled and affecting the brain in some way , so maybe if the headlamps came on like the "dim-dip" ones you could get in I think the 70's might be a solution to that.
Just my opinion, Dave:Angry:

badger1

Free Member
Jan 8, 2008
forest of dean glos
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
3 years and caravanning 25 years
tuesday moan

I hate the Tractor drivers, no lights no signals and the majority of 'em will not pull over when they know they have a mile long queue behind!
Farmers who move huge numbers of sheep or cattle along main roads with only one guy in charge, usually at the wrong end of the heap of wandering bodies. Once saw a cow stick its head in through the open window of a car to get at a sandwich that a child was eating, the nipper panicked and wound the window up as far as it would go. The cow then panicked and removed head and window!!

My pet hate = morons who sit at t junctions waiting until you are 20 yards away when they will suddenly pull out on you because their one brain cell has suddenly told them
"pull out now, you don't want to be behind this motorhome/caravan!!" Whereas if they had two brain cells the other might kick in and say " hang on, this bloke approaching me may well have three or four tons to try and stop!"

Then, having pulled out infront of you they poodle along at 20 miles per hour, one hand on the phone, the other ferkling around with the sat nav!
We once had a woman pull out infront of us who spent the next 5 minutes applying her make up via the interior mirror whilst driving !! Then we have the, Sorry Lorry Drivers !
Most of these Guys are brain dead ? You've seen 'em , 65mph and 3 feet apart, 40mph and two abreast for miles because the one has not got the power to get by and the guy on the inside is not going to back off? I have to admit ,from my observations, that the foreign drivers seem to be the worst.
Whilst on a Dutch motorway this year we followed a Polish registered lorry that kept on drifting well onto the hard shoulder, about 8 times over a 3 kilometre stretch, when we eventually got level with the cab the guy was sat with one leg on the dash and was reading a paperback book !! It beggars belief !! :Angry:

Moan over!! regards gordon.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Two Things you have to remember before you

"Quote"

Most of these Guys are brain dead ? You've seen 'em , 65mph and 3 feet apart, 40mph and two abreast for miles because the one has not got the power to get by and the guy on the inside is not going to back off? I have to admit ,from my observations, that the foreign drivers seem to be the worst.

1) The speed Limiter is Set by LAW at 88Km so it NOT "lack of power" just lack of inteligence on behalf of the law makers. If you have a problem with it E-Mail your MP, and get it changed.

2)The LEGAL limit for an HGV (LGV) is 40MPH on a two lane carriage way. The NUTTERS in cars, motorhomes etc, who get Frustrated at this, try to overtake AND CAUSE MOST OF THE "ACCIDENTS" on this type of road.

YES I admit that SOME, of my fellow HGV (LGV) collegues are Guilty (me-lud) of the "crime" of trying to overtake, when "on the limiter". but at the end of the day the REAL guilt resides with lawmakers NOT with guys trying to earn a living bringing your cornflakes to your supermarket. Get a copy of the requirements for working hours for Drivers and see if you can make head or tail of it AND still keep (a) Sane (b) make some wages.

It should be rembered that (like it or not) 90% of what you EAT travels in a TRUCK at SOME point on its journey from Source to table.

Regards

Pete

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the idiots who drive at night using just sidelights and badly adjusted 'driving' lights. dont these fools know if you move the switch a little further the BIG lights come on as well

and the 'might hit a fog bank' clowns.......it hasnt been foggy for weeks on end but they still have their rear fog lights on:Angry:....usually when its raining.:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
YES I admit that SOME, of my fellow HGV (LGV) collegues are Guilty (me-lud) of the "crime" of trying to overtake, when "on the limiter".

but is it worth it ?

if it takes an LGV 3 minutes to overtake another 40ft LGV it will take a further 2 hours and 12 minutes to gain a one (1) mile lead :Eeek:

thats 22 hours to get there about 6 mins earlier at the legal 56 mph :Eeek:

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Every driver who thinks they are a good or above average driver

I know of quite a few drivers that are better at it than I am :Smile: - they're all the members of my local RoSPA (RoADAR) group and they're teaching me their skills and techniques - for a mere £35 per annum membership fee. :thumb:

It should be rembered that (like it or not) 90% of what you EAT travels in a TRUCK at SOME point on its journey from Source to table.

Regards

Pete

Quite agree. The roads were/are built primarily for commercial reasons. I would think that few people object to being held up by other vehicles when there are reasonable and legitimate reasons - such as vehicle limitations. What I think is the cause of the gripe is when drivers (of whatever vehicle) do not take into account, or don't care about, any detrimental impact their choice of actions have on other road users.

It's very easy to remain cool and unflustered sitting in front of the computer screen, though.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

John

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Private hire taxis aka minicabs!!

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Truckies that won't flash to indicate it's clear to pull in after overtaking them...

It's a courtesy I invariably extend to truckies and vans...

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Drivers that don't indicate on roundabouts so I have to guess if they are ignorant t**ts or not as I approach in the RV.:Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
someone easily impressed with a title ! said:
I know of quite a few drivers that are better at it than I am - they're all the members of my local RoSPA (RoADAR) group and they're teaching me their skills and techniques - for a mere £35 per annum membership fee

After being involved at close hand with people who do this stuff I will never ever again employ any driver or rider who has membership !
No names no pack drill and all that, but their 'better than others on the road' attitude often leads to the so called experts causing a lot of damage and grief ( but never ever to their own vehicles :Eeek: )

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Overtaking

Hi

Papajohn. I agree with your analysis, (but then I have a degree in mathmatics) However an awful lot of people will take a life threatening risk (unsually, but not always, their life) Just to be "in front".

I`m one of the "good guys" (halo slipped round neck as SWMBO would say!!) and always back off if some "d***head wants past, and he/she`s faster than me, even by 1/2 a "klik".
I just like a nice quiet run, and no infringements, and no hasle from VOSA. The beauty of the "tacho" is that the gaffer can`t argue with it, If it says I`ve done my hours, then I`ve done my hours, end of story!!

Pete

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
After being involved at close hand with people who do this stuff I will never ever again employ any driver or rider who has membership !
No names no pack drill and all that, but their 'better than others on the road' attitude often leads to the so called experts causing a lot of damage and grief ( but never ever to their own vehicles :Eeek: )

Originally Posted by someone easily impressed with a title !
I know of quite a few drivers that are better at it than I am - they're all the members of my local RoSPA (RoADAR) group and they're teaching me their skills and techniques - for a mere £35 per annum membership fee

Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! :roflmto:
Fortunately we are all different in this world, and all have different opinions and different ideas..
Be bloody boring if we were all the same
icon10.gif

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
drivers that must park in front of there house and leave a gap in front and rear that you cannot fit a car in to. no thought for there neighbours.:Doh:

six wheel tipper drivers that cut you up on bends coming towards you :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back