The loss of a true loved one and friend (1 Viewer)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
My dear funsters friends,I would like to share with you the loss of our much loved and true friend Bamse,after many months of continuous worry time for myself and Marianne our boy fell asleep ,for those who new him and he touched with so much love he fell asleep in our Arms peacefully. A little footnote, Bamse came into our lives after we helped rescue him in southern Sweden 12 years ago Bamse was around 3 years old so he made it to a little over 15 years, his breed was a mixture between layemburgerr, sheffer, and collie. and he weighd in at 55kilo,he was so much an important part of our lives that words just cannot avail, he loved his motorhome known as his billin, and used to lick it as he walked by ennouth to say that's mine,it made many chuckle to see this, during and after my dreaded stroke in 2010 he would never leave my side and if l showed any sign of anxiety he would chasstise me and always bring me back down again.i will close and say thanks for reading,and most of all R,I,P our boy. Regards Alf and Marianne

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Really sorry to hear your news, heartbreaking :-(

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Sad news, I don't know you personally but feel your loss. They seem to know by instinct when we are not well and it's a shame that we cannot return the gestures they bring too us at those times, peace at last for a wonderful friend and companion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So sorry to hear your beloved Bamse has gone. You obviously have had a wonderful life together and what a fantastic life you both gave him after his sad early start.You will have great memories and he will always be with you in your hearts.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Really sorry for your loss RIP Bamse.
image.jpeg

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I too can feel your pain and sorrow. It reminds me so many things. They do know when something goes wrong, mine gave me so much love. I'm sure he went away in peace feeling your love.

Amicalement

Frankie

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
There doesn't seem to be a "hug" in the new LIKE buttons so sending you one manually. Keep well, Alf. It takes a while to get used to the loss of a loved one.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, Bamse.
They play such a huge part of our lives (big or small), and it is heartbreaking when they leave us. My wee mate was with us for almost 16 years, when he went. :(

Condolences to you both.

Jock.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So sorry to hear of the sad passing of your friend Bamse. At least he passed in the arms of those he loved & who loved him. You could do nothing more. Our thoughts are with you all.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sorry for your loss, these rescue dogs can really be your best friend, our Jack Russell is ours.
And yes as BwB said it would be good to have a more suitable button on the LIKE section because 'like' doesn't seem right in these situations.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. We miss ours dreadfully even after 3 years.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
So sorry to read this - he sounds as though he was a wonderful dog and true companion :(

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear your news, I have been a dog owner for 13 years but have yet to experience your loss.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So sorry to at your loss he sounds like a real friend, RIP Bamse.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
So sorry to read your post..
I love dog's but can't find it in me to have another for the very reason you have described... The inevitable loss... They become part of your life .. Most probably sounds silly to some...
Hope your loss is tempered with great memories..
Andy..

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Sorry to hear of your loss, many of us know how your feeling. I won't change my avatar for a while.:cry:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm so sorry to hear about Bamse. Rescue dogs make the most loving companions and his life would have been so much different if he hadn't chosen you.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
RB_Poem_Gate.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry for your loss but hope that this gives you some comfort. We have been there twice in 5 years.

Mick & Sheila xx

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
If we could give you a big hug we would, so sorry and sad to read this.

Last edited:

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
So sorry.... :cry:
Bamse will always be with you in your heart and memories.

R.I.P Bamse

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back