The long drive south to a very grim site with nudity (1 Viewer)

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Having visited Barnard Castle camping & caravanning club site which is not far from Darlington where we had spent a few days. They have a fish and chip van that visits there twice a week and I have to say is worth visiting the site just for that as they do the very best in fish and chips I’ve had anywhere “ever”. As well as that the area is great for walking and the girls really loved it there.

Read more....

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for the recommendation, we've been camping around Darlington a few times this year and will be again soon (y)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
wildman why not just click the link someone has at least took the trouble to advise us of somewhere to go

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I never have been keen on links that take you away from the site. Ah well I did go and read. Southsea being my home town. The nudist beach has been there since the 1950's. It never was signposted. The caravan site I am guessing is behind the old (if its still there) Swimming pool built on the old MOD firing range where at one time I grazed my horses. I submitted a planning application to build a watersports activity centre there at one time, it was turned down. Not been back since. However it is on the Seafront if it is the one I'm thinking of and was built after I left for Devon. It is a good place from which to tour and explore Portsmouth - Southsea and the historic dockyard; with the Victory, Mary Rose and Warrior all on display. Plus numerous other museums, beaches, fishing funfair etc. A grotty site does not matter too much if you get out and about but I'm guessing its quite expencive so should do better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
You got the place spot on, Just behind the swimming pool and yes its still there.

And yes it is expensive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back