The local car wash (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
I have had a rather unexpected experience with our local car wash which is run by Russian/East European staff. My panel van conversion was looking a bit grubby so off I went to get it cleaned, you sit in the cab while they pressure wash and clean, you pay the money and drive off.
It was not until I got back to the storage area that I noticed several white patches on the (silver) paintwork which were not there before, it is impossible to prove but it was more than likely due to the pressure wand being held too close to the bodywork. I have just had a quote to repair the damage which is £315.00 + vat !!!!!:Eeek:
I find it quite telling that the company that gave me the quote said to me that they frequently see this kind of damage.
In future I will be cleaning it myself with a bucket and sponge!!

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I feel your pain.

We once took our 1987 Hymer in pristine condition to our local car wash. We'd just come back from a long trip and it was pretty grubby. The guys there used a spray on degreasant which ran down and 'burned' the 5 inch aluminium trim that went all round the van. They did their best to put it right but years later the marks were still visible despite me using solvol autosol and wire wool in desperation to get rid of them.

That's the danger of using a company who doesn't really understand their own products and the effects they can have.

It's a bucket and sponge for us now too!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Traffic film remover does not normally affect any thing apart from dirt when properly applied

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Traning

I expect the training these guys get consists of just a few words while the boss points at various items.

Bucket
Sponge
Pressure washer
Cloth

Take money & give it to me.

Say "have a nice day"

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH