Rally Chat the Lincoln show (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We are getting ready to visit the show for the day. Weather forecast says dry but chilly.
After the rain yesterday anyone know if the car park is ok and not turned to mud yet??

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well it’s nice and sunny this morning at the mo not to windy we got up early due to the caravans beside us kids dogs shouting mother 🤣 but that’s general camping for you all in all looks a better day 👍

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just been out bright but cold, looks like a nice day. Did my jobs for the day, toilet and bins. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I'm in "wild camping ", ie. The back of beyond! Quite exposed but was ok overnight, not rocking too much!
Lovely and sunny but still windy. Not seen any rain since arrival yesterday afternoon, so no problems with mud. There isn't any, Jo662
Hope to see some funsters later. I'll have my badge on.🙂

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We went yesterday, stayed for a couple of hours then left. was far too wet and windy, but hey, its a couple of days out and about in the MH !!

We ended up at Stonehenge (because we decided to meet up with relatives) so a 3 and half hour easy journey and we arrived at The Bricks. We were going to spend the night wild camping there with about 15 other MH's, campers etc but it was far too windy, even with the thought of waking up to a view of Stonehenge ! we overnighted in a pub about 3 miles away !!

as for Lincoln, its easy to be negative, but if it would have been sunny and warm, i doubt anyone would have had many complaints !! It was OK in my opinion ..... having not been before i wasnt sure what to expect. I didnt expect it all to be outside (or did we miss half of it?) , which made the weather a much bigger factor.

But as i said, it was nice to get out and about ..

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
On the way home with a not so brief stop at Boundary Mill so she can get her shopping fix.
We looked around the show waited in a queue to buy two wine glasses, so one trader was doing well if people are queuing to pay, on the way back to the van wife says shall just go home it freezing, had to agree so here I sit outside Boundary Mill heater and telly on. ::bigsmile:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well we’re sat here and could hear the sound of an ice cream van so decided to have one (only because our dog likes ice cream) well the van has gone past twice now but he ain’t going to sell much ice cream traveling at that speed, you would have to run like Mo Farrow to get one.☹️

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well we’re sat here and could hear the sound of an ice cream van so decided to have one (only because our dog likes ice cream) well the van has gone past twice now but he ain’t going to sell much ice cream traveling at that speed, you would have to run like Mo Farrow to get one.☹
Are you sure it wasn't a fire engine? 😂

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We have the heating on 🤪🤪🤪 mind you perusing the lpg app as we are into our 4th week away and 12th day off grid so need to top up when we leave and head into North Norfolk come Monday. Best part of the day now, drizzle has stopped wind is dropping and it’s a balmy 11.3 degrees outside. 🍷🍷🍷

Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We have the heating on 🤪🤪🤪 mind you perusing the lpg app as we are into our 4th week away and 12th off grid so need to top up when we leave and head into North Norfolk come Monday. Best part of the day now, drizzle has stopped wind is dropping and it’s a balmy 11.3 degrees outside. 🍷🍷🍷
How many gas bottles do you carry 12 weeks worth of gas you must have a tanker 🤣🤣
Also there is a gas garage on the a17 at Heckington on Rh side as you pass the rustic cafe/farm shop

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
How many gas bottles do you carry 12 weeks worth of gas you must have a tanker 🤣🤣
Also there is a gas garage on the a17 at Heckington on Rh side as you pass the rustic cafe/farm shop
12th day ☹️☹️☹️ Thanks for lpg info👍

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
We have the heating on 🤪🤪🤪 mind you perusing the lpg app as we are into our 4th week away and 12th day off grid so need to top up when we leave and head into North Norfolk come Monday. Best part of the day now, drizzle has stopped wind is dropping and it’s a balmy 11.3 degrees outside. 🍷🍷🍷
Or the garage on your Right as you approach Holdingham Roundabout on the outskirts of Sleaford, usually the cheapest in the area

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
If you are travelling down the A15 to join the A17 at Sleaford, you can get lpg at the filling station on the right just before you get to the roundabout where you joined the A17 heading towards Kings lynn.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
If you are travelling down the A15 to join the A17 at Sleaford, you can get lpg at the filling station on the right just before you get to the roundabout where you joined the A17 heading towards Kings lynn.
Many thanks, filling up is becoming more of a headache these days since Shell terminated its contract with Autogas worse up in our part of the world.

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
Spent 3 1/2 hours wandering around from 12. Felt sorry for the traders as it got colder and wetter. Again quite a few stands closed.
One MoHo dealer was saying target was for 10 sales, when we spoke early afternoon, they had already done 13.

well done Warner’s for putting it on and the traders for supporting.

looking forward to Harrogate in March

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Many thanks, filling up is becoming more of a headache these days since Shell terminated its contract with Autogas worse up in our part of the world.
You can manage without gas as long as you have ice for your drink 🤣

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Forgot to say, day rounded off with a nice pint and early tea at the Dambusters in
scampton. Award wining CAMRA pub
Interesting pub, especially the memorabilia. Years ago Now, the then landlord had a large Black Labrador. Guess what the locals called it?. (not it`s actual name!). The Food used to be very good, but not cheap, we used it several times when doing the annual Steam Fair, with the Old ARVE.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Walking to amenities this morning appalled to see all the discarded disposable masks and a few gloves on the camping field, what is the mindset of these folk. 😡😡😡

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Walking to amenities this morning appalled to see all the discarded disposable masks and a few gloves on the camping field, what is the mindset of these folk. 😡😡😡

i think the issue may not be of people discarding them rather than it being one of where they end up at any given location, it might not actually be people camping who have discarded them, judging by the winds we experienced on Friday they could have blown from anywhere at the show, perhaps even a box provided for rubbish or a box of them for customers that got blown away??

i am not adverse to picking up other peoples litter from time to time, though i would also assume that the showground employs people to do litter picking after every show they have on, which doesnt mean that people shouldn't take their own rubbish home with them of course!

Last edited:

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
IT was a tad windy