The Krauton factor (cassette emptying) (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
That ring around the pipe is probably a safety limiter? It stops you shoving it too far up your ar**! :(

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
PS: I would just point out that as a fulltimer it never gets chance to dry out or cake on. If I wasn't fulltiming I would wash it out thoroughly after each trip especially if leaving it unused for more than a week. I wouldn't wash it during a trip though. Bit pointless as it just gets used straight away again.
If leaving the van off road for a while don't empty the cassette until just before the next departure. Saves another wash-out AND it empties very easily.:D

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Wow this thread has gone down the toilet - really do we really need to read about the size of your 'logs'

They used to give us a booklet of tables for that calculation when I was at school. I suppose it's all done on computers now.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
BIO is good stops the lumps and the smell is less but it is mine so I cannot say to much.
I carried a spare cassette as it was always a worry about filling it up and not being able to empty it. The van ahs gone now the new one has a different cassette so I will buy another, correct one for that, but still have the cleanish old one of the old type for a C200.
Why do the new ones flush electrically and use too much water to fill the cassette too fast?, I prefer to judge my own flush as per the old toilet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I am a fulltimer and it is rare that I get the option to wash it out. Just done 6 months in wales and didn't wash it out once. No damage done. Only washed it out once this year so far and that was at the Peterborough show.
I wash it out every morning (where possible) but don't use any chemicals, having seen what gets stuck in there even with a thorough wash out I am a bit surprised you don't have problems. I have used the grey water a couple of times in an emergency.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I wash it out every morning (where possible) but don't use any chemicals, having seen what gets stuck in there even with a thorough wash out I am a bit surprised you don't have problems. I have used the grey water a couple of times in an emergency.
That might be your problem. You are emptying it out before it has time to break down. I empty once a week.. Never noticed any whole ones..

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
When we are away and the Aire doesnt have rinsing water I tend to use the grey water from the Van to rinse and remove any stragglers and then put the blue in and then flush the toilet once back in place. When we are in the uk and we only tend to be away for a couple of nights at a time I try to leave it for a day to break down and then empty it.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
That might be your problem. You are emptying it out before it has time to break down. I empty once a week.. Never noticed any whole ones..
Maybe the difference is it was 22-28 degrees here and that makes for an accelerated stinky breakdown :Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you stop washing it out after a while it doesnt smell.
let the good bacteria go to work.in the last 20yrs i have spent half my life in spain morocco etc .
thats cold weather.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Oh no we are all talking a load of s##t again :LOL:

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Whish I was still on that trip :cry: it was a year ago today we got off the ferry at Santander to start the 10 months MH'ing through Europe :)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
No problem with big lumps for Hymer owners , there's a special stick in the wardrobe for mashing them, thoughtful German design :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back