Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
SWMBO want's to go next Wednesday in our Romahome Duo.
I believe you can overnight in the carpark for a fiver.
Anyone done it?
Is it quiet/safe?

Ta

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Had to google them but they will be on our bucket list when we've found a MH

I did a motorcycle tour of Scotland a few years ago in June and it was like mid-winter so we plan to do the same route and more of Scotland on four wheels and see the Great Glen and all the sights in relative comfort...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
SWMBO want's to go next Wednesday in our Romahome Duo.
I believe you can overnight in the carpark for a fiver.
Anyone done it?
Is it quiet/safe?

Ta
Overnighting only in the smaller Helix car park and, yes, it's £5. Half way down the page.

You can also overnight at The Falkirk Wheel but just make sure there isn't a meet on!:whistle: You can get a bus between the two.

1567182053707.png

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Yes, we went last winter. It really is just a carpark but you are welcomed and we slept very well. There’s a park opposite if you want to sit out/bbq etc.
There’s a nice walk down the canal to the Kelpies .... make sure it’s dark when you’re there as they’re stunning lit up.
A tick on my bucket list.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Stayed there a few times without a problem.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The Kelpies are relatively close to me and we go there several times a year. They really are beautiful to see but I read on a forum today that they were plagued by the boy racers last night. Not racing but just being loud and disorderly. Just and hope for the best. At worst they should be gone by midnight.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Stayed there twice now -no problems at all ,certainly no boy racers, yes there were cars moving until about 1030 pm then nothing at all after that.Would definitely recommend it
Ian

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Ok, so we went and ..........................WOW!
Absolutely fantastic. Well worth the drive over from Ayr. Wonderful sculpturing of the metal cladding that was so well done it made them look soft and made you want to stroke them..............IF you could reach! :)
Only disappointment was finding that they are Sooooooooo close to the motorway. We had visions of walking up on a quiet serene night and watching them change colour but I'm afraid with so much racket coming from the motorway we decided to just view them in daylight and move on.
There were about 8 or 9 motorhomes in the carpark (£5 for the night) so nighttime noise wont bother everyone but for us it's a big deal.
Moved on to a wildcamping spot on a quiet lane in the hills overlooking Stirling castle and had a peaceful night there before the drive back to Ayr.

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
stayed there recently no problems, we arrived in the afternoon and parked in the upper carpark the personnel on the gate were very helpful, informed us that this carpark would close in the evening and just to move down to the lower area, we walked up in the evening to see them light up it was worth seeing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back