Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Like in most countries the best food is nearly always in provincial towns off the tourist trail.
Even in Italy if you don't want tourist food the norm is to ring the restaurant the day before tell them what you want and they will get the ingredients in for your meal. How often do you see Italians eating food that doesn't appear to be on the menu, really annoying means us Brits that don't speak Italian are stuck with the grotty tourist menu.
you will be in your element n Greece then! they bring you into the kitchen and show you whats on offer:)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
update & summary will have to wait as I have been hospitalised with a bad case of hypothermia!:coffee:

plus phone playing up and cant get the photos onto PC

must dash Matron giving me a bed bath:giggle:

Last edited:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
ooh-matron-with-text.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The saddest Strudel yet....

The last and worse strudel ever was presented to me in Italy by my lovely wife....who loves me to much and though she was doing the right thing

You would think Italians would stick to what they do best!. lackluster filling (no where near enough of it!) thick pastry... tasty enough but a very sad 1/10:rolleyes:

sad strudle .jpg

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Every Thursday night they have bands playing in Salo...probably 30 bands strung out around the town.. its a lovely evening very popular with tourists and locals. at least 3 of the bands I could have watched the whole show...

salo 3.jpg salo 2 .jpg salo 1.jpg

under cover of the fireworks I managed to sneak of to meet up with Adolph (recently released) in the bang bang bar in a less salubrious area of Salo ( co- ordinates by PM)....eventually found him in this dark establishment having a boobie dangle for an east European temptress....the first drink is all I remember! as yet again found myself at 7 in the morning prostate in front of a statue of the Virgin Mary in the little village church near our campsite ..I can only assume I must have a guardian angle!:censored:

we were there for Ferrogosta, normally we have left by then.......It was introduced by the emperor Augustine. It was a period of holiday when all slaves where freed even animals rested...... Its a real big thing with Christmas decorations everywhere and firework displays . toga party's complete with laurels..its a big thing and great fun...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferragosto

last night having dinner in Fornella:cry:

fornella.jpg fornella 1.jpg

cost summery will follow:

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Thanks it was nice to see Eddie for the last time , who would have thought when we he wrote that his life would have been cut short :crying1: just shows live to-day for who knows what to-morrow will bring. R.I.P sunshine xx

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
The Judge at his best! Hope no one is offended at my bringing this back up.
Thanks for that Jan , I hadn't read the thread as I only joined in October. Lovely to read Eddies blog and it captures his humour and wit so well. It is a fitting tribute and he will be sadly missed by many.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you @Granjan . Appreciate the happy memories. I cannot believe it was such a short time ago that Eddie wrote that last post on his trip.

It shows that we do not know when our last day on this earth will arrive. We should make sure that those we love know so.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
So poignant to read his words knowing he's no longer with us. Almost unbelievable, like he's going to pop up and say 'gotcha'.

Hope no-one thinks that in bad taste but he was clearly such a character.

Moragm

Free Member
Jun 2, 2014
HATTON PETERHEAD
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thoughts with Eddie's family. He will be sorely missed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back