Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
I have just been reading with empathy, the amount of people who have contributed to the thread on fun who have the problem and are worried about it becoming one in the future. Bet there is a load more on facts whey don't you all make a concerted effort to bombard WATCHDOG and see if you can get them to do a piece on the problem they seem to revel in this sort of thing...if they get enough email about an issue they run with it but you have to keep the emails getting to them even getting friends to send them in.

Good luck to all of you who are who are touching your toes in front of the Fiat PR machine!

Patrick

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
No one got a comment or thought about it then??????????????????

sirhandel

Free Member
Nov 28, 2008
Chippenham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I would also encourage people to contact WATCHDOG - they certainly seem to get results once they get their teeth into an issue. I've got a Fiat-based MH with the 2.3JTD but have not experienced any juddering but then I haven't had to reverse up a slope as yet. If I have a problem I'll get straight on to the WATCHDOG team.

As a matter of interest MMM (May 2009) page 173 printed a statement from Fiat:
"some customers have requested an improvement on...reverse gear juddering....the issue concerns..the 2.3 JTD powertrain... Each customer who has registered a concern is being contacted by Fiat..to arrange an appointment with a Fiat Professional dealer....will then analyse the vehicle..to provide a solution."
This is an extract but clearly Fiat recognise the problem and give the number for the company's dedicated MH call centre: 00800 3428 1111.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
just got my van booked in with my local fiat dealer for a test drive ive been thinking of seeing if its possable 2 fit a auto box and what would the cost b as its a crackin base vec just this judder. my drive has a slight slope that and the tyres scrubing brings this problem home to me heres hopeing fiat sort it out ive read that a few vans have needed new clutches at 11miles mines got 10.5mile on clock

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I am so fed up with this whole issue. My AT scout juddered and cooke dthe clutch after only 200miles. Fiat are disgraceful in their treatment of soon to be ex-customers.
I have written to Watchdog amongst others.
Fiat now won't let me have the results of the test drive they did on MY vehicle.
What a shower!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just got my van booked in with my local fiat dealer for a test drive ive been thinking of seeing if its possable 2 fit a auto box and what would the cost b as its a crackin base vec just this judder. my drive has a slight slope that and the tyres scrubing brings this problem home to me heres hopeing fiat sort it out ive read that a few vans have needed new clutches at 11miles mines got 10.5mile on clock

forget it mate.

different engine to bellhousing mating surface (probably),

different flywheel,

different electrical connections,

different gear lever assembly,

different throttle linkage....for kickdown function,

possibly different driveshafts,

possibly different gearbox mountings,

and possibly connected to the ECU.

the cost would be prohibitive.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I wonder what it will do for the secondhand value of the models that can be affected :Sad: I feel sorry for all the owners who have spent their hard earned cash. When I asked dealers about the 'judder' most said it was only a small amount who had problems, I made a point of asking Fiat owners on my travels around Europe & found a lot had some type of juddering.:Blush:
I personally wouldn't touch a Fiat based motor home until they have managed to get a good track record. I am happy with my Renault & wonder why the likes of Renault, Ford & Merc don't make an effort to take away market share from Fiat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back