The joys of driving in France (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I think she may have been on holiday in my local town yesterday.

One assumes this wasn't a 'Vous n'avez pas le priorite' situation and was more of a 'Elle n'a pas la sagesse' situation?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Sacré nom d'un chien! :Eeek:

Hope no serious damage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Bet the thoughts she was lost in went something like this;

"Hmm a big white thing approaching, bet I can make it if I put my foot down" followed shortly by "SSHH*************************TTTTTTT, turbo lag!!!"

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
No she didn't have priority. And I wouldn't be without a dash cam. A little while back a gendarm tried accusing me of going through a amber light until I showed him the video footage.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The large .. A .. on the back says it all really .. Perhaps she should get some more driving lessons or go to SPECSAVERS ..

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
What dash cam is that Mike?
Its a mini Eyoyo 806 Dash cam. I bought it about a year ago. Once in place you can forget about it. It comes on with the ignition. The wire goes down the door post to a USB plugged into the cig lighter. The quality is much better than the video I posted. I Videoed the video with my phone as I couldn't find out how to edit out the swearing.
I paid about £60 for it at the time. There are probably much better ones now for the price as these things seem to improve all the time. I do like the Mini cam though as I can forget all about it until situations like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
The large .. A .. on the back says it all really .. Perhaps she should get some more driving lessons or go to SPECSAVERS ..
What puzzles me is she appears to wait at the junction till I come along. She had a young child in the back, I suspect she was distracted. I felt quiet sorry for her. She was shaking like a leaf.

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Did she miss you?
Unfortunately not. Scuff on my bumper and a dent on her front wing. Garage will repair the scuff on my bumper for 100€. If I had about another 6 to 12 inches we would have got away with it.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Beware over here, some have a little glass as a 10 o'clock, a snifter before lunch with a half bottle of wine with lunch with the statutory apero around 5pm before dinner with the other half of the bottle with dinner. If the roads were built wavy I'm sure there wouldn't be as many problems. When out and about we play the guessing game between us apero'd/old/stupid or perm any two from three with reference the driver in front who is trimming the grass on one side of the road then crossing the line oblivious to the eyes wide open panicked look of the driver coming the other way. We often wonder, into which of the three categories the drivers behind us place us within

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bloody hell:eek:

I think it was your fault though for driving on the wrong side of the road:)

Glad no one was hurt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back