The joys of disability touring. (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Sue has had progressive MS for 14 years. We have a Milford hoist which lifts Sue into the passenger seat in the cab, a wheelchair which fits between the beds and a transfer stand to move Sue from seat to wheel chair. Our shower is a combined WC and shower. I made a false floor of old plastic plug plant trays and by standing the transfer stand on it I can move Sue into the shower. and onto the loo We tow a trailer with our TGA Breeze and electric cycle and go abroad twice a year and are heading to The Shetland this year.
Our friends think we are very brave, but we don't. Life is made for living.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Welcome to the mad house! also a somewhat broken newby.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

I think your friends are right. You are putting serious effort into making life work. FUNster grade one if I saw one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Welcome, and after that introduction I now know how easy my life is. This world needs more people like you two.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
:ello: From a fellow carer my hubby being in a wheelchair due to a car crash, resulting in an amputation and a badly damaged remaining left......and I don't get on the roof either!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Well done. People ask what would you do if you got ill or old when you lived in a van but you've shown, with ingenuity that you can carry on motorhoming.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Shelved the roof, too cold and hose pipe frozen. Thank you for all your encouraging comments. We have thought about making a video of our schemes to make life easy. I bought a Vango Attar air beam awning two years ago. I can put it up myself and it was going to house all the equipment we needed to carry, including hoists, commode and such like. I then discovered a diet called The Paleo diet. It eliminates dairy, grains, potatoes, rice and all processed foods. We have been on it for two years and Sue's health has dramatically changed for the better. Her fatigue has gone as has her type 2 diabetes, She has just completed 21 sponsored steps for The MS Society.
If anyone would like to know more we'd be delighted to share it. Two years ago, I was going to sell the van. In 2016 we've been to The Netherlands, Jersey, The Lake District. Isle of Mull. Hereford and Dartmoor. Oh! and a cottage in Dovedale. If you have an auto immune condition there is hope in food as medicine.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Thank you. There always seems a way around problems if you look hard enough and keep smiling.
Well done. People ask what would you do if you got ill or old when you lived in a van but you've shown, with ingenuity that you can carry on motorhoming.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome :WelcomeFlag:

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
If you want to have a practice first mine needs doing and I'm in Norfolk too.:whistle:

Oh in the meanwhile :welcome4:[/QUODo you stand on your roof? I need to practice that idea, but probably not on your or my van. Hee Hee.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Sue has had progressive MS for 14 years. We have a Milford hoist which lifts Sue into the passenger seat in the cab, a wheelchair which fits between the beds and a transfer stand to move Sue from seat to wheel chair. Our shower is a combined WC and shower. I made a false floor of old plastic plug plant trays and by standing the transfer stand on it I can move Sue into the shower. and onto the loo We tow a trailer with our TGA Breeze and electric cycle and go abroad twice a year and are heading to The Shetland this year.

Excellent, my better half (Hazel) has MS too & uses a TGA Breeze, its a wonderful bit of kit. Sound like you've got it all sorted & working as per your requirements. I totally agree with your sentiments, life is for living & life is what you make it.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Excellent, my better half (Hazel) has MS too & uses a TGA Breeze, its a wonderful bit of kit. Sound like you've got it all sorted & working as per your requirements. I totally agree with your sentiments, life is for living & life is what you make it.
We have had our TGA Breeze S3 for about 4 months. It has opened up travel for us. We tow it in a covered trailer. Where do you use yours? It would be great to keep in touch.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4:. Missed this as it wasn't in the Intro forum but welcome to another for the Norfolk Branch of Fun. (y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello and welcome to the club you two. :welco:
May you both carry on enjoying your motorhome and all the freedom that it gives you both.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back