LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The more I read this thread the more I want to go . Thinking of possibly flying out next year for a family holiday at one of these all inclusive hotels . Then if we enjoy it we could take the motorhome in the future . Sounds like a brilliant place .

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Benidorm never really was on our radar until seeing him, get the impression from him it's a good fun place.
Absolutely right. They earn their pound of flesh - the shows last an hour, then they have to move on to another bar. We saw a girl doing a tribute to Whitney Houston, she was brilliant, all dressed up in long sequinned dress.

Rita of JockandRita fame went to the loo and the girl was doing a quick change into a very short sequinned dress, before dashing down to another bar in town as part of a tribute Sister Act band!

The only one we didn’t enjoy was a Dusty Springfield tribute - it didn’t bode well at the start, she told us all she had a steaming hangover …

We were there with my three ukey girlfriends who came out on a visit - so we left Cliff to watch her, and went to a different part of the hotel where they had line dancing. Mostly Dutch and German people there.

We were standing at the side watching, when the guy leading the group stopped the music, and welcomed us in with perfect English, demanding that we join in!

A lovely hour was spent dancing to the easiest of routines - and all the experts there completely happy to go back to basics to keep us happy!

It really is a lovely place to spend the darkest of winter months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
This was our second trip

The more I read this thread the more I want to go . Thinking of possibly flying out next year for a family holiday at one of these all inclusive hotels . Then if we enjoy it we could take the motorhome in the future . Sounds like a brilliant place .
This was our most recent trip - it’s a truthful account, and quite ‘meandering’ with other people’s input, but I think it does Beni proud!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Mum and her sister like to go several times a year, they can outdo me at staying out late at night to see the shows 😂
Lol . Brilliant . Sounds like they would get on well with my mother in law . No idea where she gets the energy from lol 😂.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
This was our second trip

This was our most recent trip - it’s a truthful account, and quite ‘meandering’ with other people’s input, but I think it does Beni proud!
Thank you . Looking forward to reading those . 👍🏻

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Does anyone know a singer called Pablo Bloom? We randomly got into watching him online during lockdown. Very entertaining!
Yes he's good, not seen anything of him this time. We used to see him in the Western Saloon but that's being rebuilt at the minute. That's not to say he isn't here, it's a big place 👍

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
If any of you lot go for a full English breakfast tomorrow then let’s see some pictures please 👍🏻 .

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If any of you lot go for a full English breakfast tomorrow then let’s see some pictures please 👍🏻 .
The breakfasts are good and cheap. Not worth turning in the gas and making your own in the van really!

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I only managed €17.00 for this coming winter and that's for over 90 days. I'd be interested to know who quoted you €15.00.
i’m just going by when we were last their Phil in 2020 and I might add that it also depends who you talk to as well.

They have a strange system tbh, when we’ve been and asked to book a pitch we’ve been told every time that you can’t book pitches, so we rock up and choose an empty pitch only to be told it’s booked 🤔🤔

Edit: that was 180 nights price as well

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Rock and roll bar last night, Couldn’t put the video on.
6448F624-23CE-422B-948E-1BE61B06119F.jpeg

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
It’s a good idea that some of the performers go to different bars . What about the Benidorm Palace , any good shows there ?

Billiefarrah

Free Member
Nov 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 1984
It's still blowing a hooli, but it's 27C and the sun is shining. The El Raco facilities have been updated and are now seriously good, the showers in particular providing an adjustable torrent! The wifi is excellent, provided one is close enough to the transmitters, and all is well with the world. We visited the recently opened 'Bamboo' restaurant last night, right on our doorstep. All you can eat and drink, and I mean all, for €13.95. Length of stay limited to 2.5 hours, the service was quick and the food hot and excellent.

We went down to the beach this morning and stopped in our favourite bar for a coffee, cake and large brandy. €5.80 for two!

View attachment 540334

The view from the bar... :love:

View attachment 540335

Here's the Godbotherers' palace just above the town.
View attachment 540336

We went to the El Cisne market afterwards: how's this for openers?!

View attachment 540337

Back to the home comforts you get with

Billiefarrah

Free Member
Nov 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 1984
View attachment 540366

Cracking pair of..... erm.... wheels ;)
We love it there . People run it down perhaps they have never been. You can’t believe how there is to do for all ages. Camping raco is great staff are always good and site up together. Choice of eating places and entertainment is amazing. Long live benni

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Later on we're going to Yorkshire Pride for a roast dinner Sunday special 😋 €4.50 or €5.50 if you want lamb.
We've tried Uncle Ron's for the last 3 weeks but by 7pm they've sold out so we're giving up 🙄

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
We've been to the Palace a number of times, and have never been disappointed. The Christmas dinner show (€65) was memorable!
We went down to the town market this morning. It was hot and sticky in there, but full of atmosphere, and Jan was in her element browsing through the clothes that your UK local tinkers collect for charity, allegedly...!
20210926_112447.jpg

I don't know who would buy a fur coat today when it's 30C in the shade! Jan has a mink coat already, but she dare not wear it these days...

20210926_112551.jpg

Back to the hacienda for Nespresso, brandy and cake. Bliss!
20210926_123337.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We've been to the Palace a number of times, and have never been disappointed. The Christmas dinner show (€65) was memorable!
We went down to the town market this morning. It was hot and sticky in there, but full of atmosphere, and Jan was in her element browsing through the clothes that your UK local tinkers collect for charity, allegedly...!View attachment 541416

I don't know who would buy a fur coat today when it's 30C in the shade! Jan has a mink coat already, but she dare not wear it these days...

View attachment 541419

Back to the hacienda for Nespresso, brandy and cake. Bliss!
View attachment 541421
We've just got back. I was saying to Ann it's got to be 2nd hand, denim shorts for €1 😏
We bought some churros anyway (sugar coated long thin doughnuts) 👌

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I remember the last time we overwintered on Villasol. We would wake up in the mornings and looking out we would see them 7 hills and although we had managed to walk up to the Benidorm cross on a couple of previous stays We had never ventured further as it was too demanding. Day after Day I looked at them hills and was aware that there was a path from one end to the other at Albir and after a couple of months I decided to do it. It almost killed me. When I came down that last hill at Albir I looked like this.......... Honest !

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We went
I remember the last time we overwintered on Villasol. We would wake up in the mornings and looking out we would see them 7 hills and although we had managed to walk up to the Benidorm cross on a couple of previous stays We had never ventured further as it was too demanding. Day after Day I looked at them hills and was aware that there was a path from one end to the other at Albir and after a couple of months I decided to do it. It almost killed me. When I came down that last hill at Albir I looked like this.......... Honest !

Up on the Scoot, it had it's tongue hanging out on the way up 🥵😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back