The Joy of a Spare Pump - and Easy Access! (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Be very Carefull using Vaseline,...can disolve certain rubbers/plastics ! ( See the warning on Condom packets),..I only use 'silicon' grease for 'o' rigs etc
That doesn't sound very hygeinic, oops sorry wrong forum :doh: :Eeek:

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Following up on my previous post regarding a Whalemaster pump with ’hiccups’. I got in touch with Whalemaster and they suggested a solution. Sometimes air gets trapped in the pump and the filter unit. First step is to unscrew the top of the filter, clean it and make sure the top is replaced and tight enough to complete the seal; it’s not on the pressure side of the pump. Then unscrew two screws on one side of the pump, turn on the pump on its side as much as the rubber mounting will allow, turn on the pump and shake to remove any air in the pump. Switch off the flow, replace those two screws and remove the two on the other side of the pump and repeat the process, it will help if you can also wriggle the water filter housing. Check to ensure that the water filter housing is full of water with minimal (no) air. Apparently the unit should expel the air automatically but this procedure helps the process. To my surprise the water seem is now working as it should.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back