Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Regards Metz...as long as you see and follow signs you will get there, but it is an odd diversion. It is a convenient stop and right on the river within walking distance of centre ...BUT it is tired and shower block leaves a lot to be desired.

municipal at Obernai is nicer

if you want elec hook up you will be at the back of the site near toillet block under trees:RollEyes:
No electric means slightly sloping area right on river in the wide open:Smile:

heading that way for 4th year on the trot on way to Forenella, Lake Garda in late July....... Yippee!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Two less.

Or one van less.

ToffsG has been delayed due to the difficulties of getting visa paperwork for his new Chinese wife, they'll be picking up the pieces about a month behind us now.

We'll all make sure that the Italians will want more English, won't we :RollEyes:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Two iffy words there.

See.

Follow.

Well... they are big and bright yellow:Smile: but I did not get it first time round:Sad:

from memory sat nav will take you over the bridge but you need to turn right at bridge along and over next bridge.....follow signs around come back on your self and site down road on right. before coming back over bridge

now! this aint def! but best that I can remember..it may of changed as it was a temp diversion I fink

Last edited:
OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Synchonise watches.....

I have 17:01.

It's written on this piece of paper.

All packed and ready to go.

Last one in France is a sissy.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Watch synchronised Brian,:thumb: We are almost ready for the off tomorrow.:RollEyes:
Hope the traffic on the M25 is running well for our journey down to Dover.::bigsmile:
We will leave at about 11am, giving us plenty of time for the journey, as it was very slow moving on the M25 last week.:Sad: If we arrive early we will park up on Marine Parade for an hour or so.:winky:
See you at the docks.:Cool:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We're actually parked up at a CL about 4 miles from the ferry (Singledge Lane) as we speak. We're booked on the 10am boat. Next stop Mauberge.

Something that Mrs. JayDee just thought of - we don't have a mobile contact for anyone (Hilldweller particularly, as our Expedition Leader ::bigsmile:). Very flakey reception on our GPRS dongle at the moment; keeps dropping out and taken ages to connect - signal strength may well be excellent but the bandwidth is crap:RollEyes:.

John

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
See you at the docks.:Cool:
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Yes. Shaking.

What are we heading into ? I don't if it's going to be the dearest holiday or the cheapest.

The oil companies could try and make it the dearest seeing as oil is priced in dollars.

Fingers crossed. Toes crossed. And I'm looking on Yoga sites to see how to cross my willy.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We would like to wish all those traveling down to Garda over the next few days a safe journey.:thumb:
We are on the midday train on the 14th should be down Garda around 17th and we will catch up with you all then if you are still there and not headed off somewhere looking for some sunshine.:ROFLMAO:

See you all soon

Dane & Hazel
xxxx xxxx

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for the good wishes Dane,
Safe journey to Hazel and yourself.
Look forward to seeing you both at Garda.

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
make sure you take your waterproofs and thermals!!
Hope the weather is kind to you all and have a great time in Garda, hopefully we'll be there end of june
Brian take your willy warmer ha ha:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
if you are still there and not headed off somewhere looking for some sunshine.:ROFLMAO:

See you all soon

Dane & Hazel
xxxx xxxx

That's not at all funny :Angry:

It's not looking like we'll suffer sun stroke :cry:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
In fear of my life.....

Drag all these good people to Europe and it's not stopped raining. I may have to do a quick exit :cry:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Drag all these good people to Europe and it's not stopped raining. I may have to do a quick exit :cry:

well we have had sunshine all the way and then what happens......you chuffing lot bring the bad weather with ya. its been overcast and raining today. btw were travelling back up to meet you in garda. we are in rome at the moment, problem is patrick still thinks it como we are going to :ROFLMAO:

GerardJanice

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
Funster No
We have been around the Italian Lakes for 2 weeks now and regret to say that we have more rain than sun. Highest temperature to date 15 deg. C.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Take it on the chin Brian:ROFLMAO:

Good advice.....

Chin so wet, blow skidded off, survived.

THU - still raining - but even in the rain Luzern is impressive, 'till you look at the menus outside hotels - how about a plate of spagheti for £24. Better than a pair of boots for £1500 which I told 'er indoors I would have bought her had the shop not been closed for a religious holiday. Oh what a shame.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi all
The Funsters are gathered in Luzern and will push on down through the Alps and into Italy tomorrow. We are desperately seeking some sunshine. It was cold at Calais, it was wet at Metz and it is raining in Luzern. The only consolation we have is that the rain seems warmer the further south we go.

Brisey

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
lake garda

Hi all you guys,

Now then Brian look after everyone, Chris and I got back from 10 days in Cornwall bloody hell that north easterly wind was chilly, hope you all find better weather.

Rob is off to Greece in the morning was 29` yesterday but storms forecast for the weekend, he plans to get the engines serviced and then move the boat up to Corfu, easier and cheaper to get flights.
Poor Chris is staying at home, well someone has to bring the money in...

You all enjoy yurselves and take care. :thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Have a safe trip, sun and fun.

Pat

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Made it !

Friday - we all made it to Butterfly. Some terrible rain en route but a lovely sunny afternoon to welcome us.

Patrick and Jan arrive - telling tales only Patrick could but I'll let him fill you in on these. If I told you you'd not believe me.

Weather is on the up, allegedly, so a good time WILL be had by all OR ELSE.

Peschiera del Garda does not disappoint second time around. Lovely compact place with lots of typical Italian to see.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Full marks to billkce - did FUN proud night one, never has so much alchohol been consumed by so few, hanovers were detected as far away as Rome.

For anyone coming to Garda - add Sirmione to the must do list if you like cute tourist traps with narrow street, old castle. €3 return bus from Peschiera. Rest is free to Olde Fartes.

I've just learned how to pronounce Peschiera - pesk_ee_air_a.

Half the team now flattening Verona. Other half chilling out in the sunshine, hard life but someone has to do it.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
lake Garda

Hi Brian coming down to camping butterfly in 10 days can you tell me what the camping prices are please enjoy the rest of your trip happy travels Rod:Cool:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Full marks to billkce - did FUN proud night one, never has so much alchohol been consumed by so few, hanovers were detected as far away as Rome.

For anyone coming to Garda - add Sirmione to the must do list if you like cute tourist traps with narrow street, old castle. €3 return bus from Peschiera. Rest is free to Olde Fartes.

I've just learned how to pronounce Peschiera - pesk_ee_air_a.

Half the team now flattening Verona. Other half chilling out in the sunshine, hard life but someone has to do it.

yeah got to agree the first night and the second night the drink was copious and hangovers plenty :wine::wine:

must admit we aint been to fartes yet, we thought it was the after effects of the wine the night before.

and as far as the other half chilling out in the sunshine wot you trying to say bri, there was only me and pat, you trying to say we are the other half of the big group.....diet time here we come

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Shattered Dreams....

Tuesday we went for two dreams......
1. Use the Rapido hydrofoil ferry. Well I clocked it at 39 mph but it wasn't *exciting* :Sad:

2. Malcesini ( mal chase eeny ) was billed as "prettiest town on Garda" and indeed it looked pretty from the lake last time, BUT, it's just a line of pretty, walk past this and it's a very modern town. Nothing wrong, except the dream.

Then HE smiled on us. We took the cable car from the centre of Malcesini 6000 feet to the top of the nearby mountain. Oh boy was that something, for a start from HOT to ffffffFreeing cold above the snow line then the VIEWS, top to bottom of Garda and beyond, maybe into Austrie since it's not that fat. Plenty of of food and drink at the top. Long walks up there or you could join the nutters who take their mountain bikes up. €18 return ticket.

Now what ????

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Tuesday we went for two dreams......

(snip)

Nothing wrong, except the dream.

I discovered that some dreams are best not realised :Sad:

... glad you are having a great time Brian :Smile: