bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, glad you all had a good time, we saw The Only Sue at Stratford she wished she was still there, Brian and Pam, :winky: I bet you wish you retired years ago, enjoy the rest of your travels.:thumb:

. The next surprise was meeting Papa Smurf here at Parc Verger, all is well with him.
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Did you tell him we have been worried about him,:winky: Not been seen since Newark 2 years ago.:whatthe::whatthe:::bigsmile: Bob.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Bob
Yep, we should have retired years ago, feels like we have missed out on a lot of FUN.
We are now trying to make up for lost time. Glad to hear that Sue arrived home without any problems, she did really well on the Italian Job. Papa Smurf is looking fit and well and is enjoying a chilled out and laid back lifestyle. He told me that he occasionally looks in on FUN but has not posted for a while. I will pass on everyones good wishes to him.

Hi Staging Lady
Good to hear that you arrived home safely, a big thank you for your friendship and company in Italy, we had a great time.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have arrived back home from the Italian Job today. Our thanks to all of the Funsters who went on the trip and made it such a great event. We enjoyed every day of our 7 weeks away and were reluctant to return home. Thanks to Hilldwellers inspiration in suggesting this trip we now have the experience and confidence to venture further afield ourselves. Anyone fancy Turkey for Xmas.:ROFLMAO:
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have arrived back home from the Italian Job today.
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

You're late !

If you've any good pics lob them in our album.
Link Removed

I'm still waiting for chrisboyo's Ferrari pics.

>> Anyone fancy Turkey for Xmas.

No but......
Link Removed

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We have arrived back home from the Italian Job today. Our thanks to all of the Funsters who went on the trip and made it such a great event. We enjoyed every day of our 7 weeks away and were reluctant to return home. Thanks to Hilldwellers inspiration in suggesting this trip we now have the experience and confidence to venture further afield ourselves. Anyone fancy Turkey for Xmas.:ROFLMAO:
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

We always have turkey for christmas - OK you set us up for that didn't you. :Doh:

Glad you got back OK. Sounds like you had a good time after we left you in Pisa.

We went into the Aosta Valley and stayed at a place a few miles west of Aosta and just chilled out for a day or two. Found ourselves parked up next to an old Merc / Autotrail owned by a couple that lived a few miles up the road from us. Recommended he joined FUN but I don't think he has yet. From there we went over the Little St. Bernard Pass through ten foot high snow drifts at the top (Brrrrr!) and then we planned to go through the Col at Val d'Isere, but it was still closed.:RollEyes: We ended up at Aix-en-Provence which is a nice town and where we stayed for three nights, then moved into the Carmargue for another three nights (those frogs could be heard as far away as Paris - and yes I do mean the reptiles - all night!!!!). From there we went to Millau and we did drive over the bridge - worth every penny. Then down to Carcassonne to meet up with Nearly Retired. Liked it a lot there and will certainly give it another look-at. After that we all went east to Biarritz, where Pat and I celebrated out 37th wedding anniversary, before heading up to Gourdon to visit friends for a couple of days. Home via Bourges catherdral and Chartres cathedral, both excellent places and thanks for the tip about Bord de L'Eure - an excellent site for the old town. Ferry from St. Malo to Poole and a call in to our son in Warminster (yes a bit of a diversion) had us home on Thursday evening. Haven't recovered yet, but have booked Malvern so see you there.

Unreserved thanks to Hilldweller for making the lunatic suggestion in the first place; it certainly scores as one of our top holidays. We won't be in Spain at Christmas (or Turkey) but what have you got in mind for the future. We have thought a more low mileage exploration of NW France later in 2011 (money will be tight after 6 weeks in New Zealand visiting my sister and her hubby). Other than that nothing planned.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all in the future (starting with Malvern).

John & Pat

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi JayDee
Glad to hear that your trip went well and that you are home safe and sound.
Belated congratulations to Pat and yourself on your wedding anniversary.
We have a month in France scheduled for this coming September, probably the NW coast or down to the Ile de Re.
We have nothing planned for 2011 as yet, Greece sounds inviting and has been in our thoughts for quite a while now.
Look forward to meeting up with you at Malvern

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back