Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Well, we spent all day yesterday visiting showrooms at the ready to be persuaded to buy our motorhome.
First stop Lowdhams at Gunsthorpe, and saw nothing we liked. We did look at an Aviano, but as much as it looked nice on the outside, it didn't impress on the inside. No double floor either which I believe was an option.
Next stop David Fuller, to see the B660 Starline Hymer which we liked the look of. As soon as I opened the hab door, I could see all the plastics were extremely yellow. At first I thought it was a smokers van, but there was no sign of any smell so put it down to sun damage. The salesman came over, and whilst it was hissing down, he did have an umbrella. He was not very interested, and when I pointed out the faded and in some places cracked plastics, and enquired what his best price was, he came back after about 15 minutes and said he would knock £500 off! I laughed and he went on his way. What a salesman! Didn't even enquire about what we were looking for or offering any alternatives. We wont be going back.
We then went over to Newark and Brownhills. They had nothing and explained they wont go over 10 years old and even though we are looking at under this age, they had nothing to suit. Nice salesman though and we will keep checking in. Had a nice lunch in the Bistro.
Then onto SMC at Newark, to see an Adria Vision we had seen on Ebay. It turned out this was sold two months previously and was advertised without the consent of SMC even though it had their details on. They said this was a common problem. Nothing else of interest so we moved on.
Last stop Camper UK at Lincoln, and would you believe it, another Adria Vision advertised on Ebay that was sold three months ago! So it is indeed a common problem. They did have a couple of Rapido 9096/9097's that we liked but only the 9097 had four belted seats. We may get a good offer from the dealer this week as he couldn't get it within our budget. Good attention from the sales staff without being too over pushy or full of crap so may well go back and do a deal if they can meet where we need to be.
Still looking though.
I did see the prices RS at Doncaster had on their ebay listings and got a little excited for a bit, then realised "if it looks too good....."

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We were in Fullers in Nottingham on Sunday and they couldn't of been more helpful, friendly or open.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back