Free Member
Mar 11, 2012
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Eh?
Exp
several years
Is it possible to obtain a new hinge for the door to my Swift Royale 620 ?
The damned thing seized up and I had to break it, but it seems Swift only want me to deal with their approved dealers (and I ain't drivin' miles for that just at the moment).

It's the bottom hinge on the habitation door. The white stuff is Lithium Grease (it didn't work).

Anyone got an idea please?

Attachments

• IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 29

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi Swifty-Morgan.

I had the same thing happen to me and ordered the part from the nearest approved dealer (still some way away). They duly posted the hinge to me and I had it fitted by the local guy. No problem, didn't cost much and is still swinging away happily.

It saved me a round trip of 100+ miles too.

If you're handy with the pop rivets (I'm definitely not) you could probably fit the thing yourself.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I had a similar problem with our (former) Autoquest 100 a few years ago. See Link Removed.

I obtained a replacement hinge from Marcle Leisure - see Link Removed. You need to make sure you get the correct hinge and make sure it is LH or RH whatever you need. Give them a ring if necessary, they are very helpful.

Replacement is a matter of drilling out the old pop rivets to remove the existing hinge and then pop riveting the new one in place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Me again - just found a note that I got mine from Marquis, it's called a five-leaf door hinge and back then (~2006/7) it cost the princely sum of around £4. To date, it's one of only two spare parts I've had to buy for the habitation part of our 14-year-old Bessie in the six years we've had it, the other one was a front top light cover at £2.

Wish I could say the same for the Fiat part, only that hasn't been too bad all things considered.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back