Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
After just reading another thread which included ref to a bucking settee, I wondered if any of us own a haunted motor home, and if so, dare you camp on your own?

Last edited:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Well Jim thinks his RV has a presence every now and again (and I dont think he means me) :devil:

I like to wonder if it may be the original Kentucky owner of the RV. Once when we were there together, the bathroom light came on on its own, I just burst out laughing :roflmto:

I dont get spooked by things that my brain can easily try to explain away (like that could easily be a dicky light switch) - but a bucking settee - now that's another thing entirely....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We had a van that the owner passed away in wife recons there was a presence but never felt it my shelf not that I am a none believer.
When we were in Belgium we had a experience when parked on a old part of the menin road.
As for camping by my shelf yes.

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
We had a van that the owner passed away in wife recons there was a presence but never felt it my shelf not that I am a none believer.
When we were in Belgium we had a experience when parked on a old part of the menin road.
As for camping by my shelf yes.

Come on Bill tell all.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i often wonder if people who buy ambulances and convert them if they ever feel anything odd..

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
We stayed in a 16th century Inn some years ago. Our room had a big old four-poster bed and the dark oak-panelled room was provided with high stone mullion windows and a huge stone fireplace. A really spooky place, if ever there was one.

We booth slept well and in the morning the receptionist asked if we had seen the ghost. Apparently our room had been the scene of many ghostly happenings for centuries. I asked her if guests ever reported seeing such things. ‘Yes’ she said, ‘but only if we tell them beforehand that the room is haunted’.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Come on Bill tell all.
We were sleeping wild camping on what used to be the old menin road the road was diverted in the 1960's.
But a bit remains the farmer uses it for keeping straw bales on but he let us stay he sad we would only stay the one night.
not we could stay the one night as he didn't think we would last the night.
We were with sum friends so we settled down had a few drinks.
Abut 1am in the morning when we could her pack up your troubles then a cold feeling passed through the van and deathly silence only broken by the nose of a 2.5 TD starting up followed by the parking aria liting up and the roar of a camper van screeching away.
We didn't se them till 5pm the next day back in iper at the air's
did you experience watt we did yes it went a bit cold.
his reply was a hole f........ng regiment of firs world war troops marched right thrug the f.......ng van.
we only experienced unexplained nose and could
bill

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
As a teenager I had a live in job at a large kennels and had a haunted bedroom. Heard a heavy dog getting up off the floor, slowly as if it was old. My own dog, sleeping on my bed used to growl and her hackles went up.
Another time we were shutting all the dogs in at dusk. I went into a kennel that was unoccupied. Each had their own fully enclosed run as they were for bitches in season. Went on my merry way down the line. On return called to girl behind me we'd left a dog out -it was in the run, behind the locked gate wagging its tail at me but I could only just make it out in the dusk. Other girl screamed, ran and I stupidly ran after her. Older girls went down with torches. No dog, and kennel and gate both locked.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
lol as a committed spiritualist I have had far more "happenings"in my life than most people. enough said really

there is far more to life than just physical bodies.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
co
lol as a committed spiritualist I have had far more "happenings"in my life than most people. enough said really

there is far more to life than just physical bodies.
come to the cook fest and we could have sum ghostly goings on woooooooooooo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back