Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Thetford Caprice mark 3

I have finally tracked down the budgie that squeeks constantly as we are driving along. It is the back plate of the grill.
IMG_0341.JPG

By pressing on the middle of the back plate I can make the noise but how the hell do I stop it??
Anyone managed it or any ideas please.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Turn the radio up. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We've previously wedged a little scouring sponge in for travelling... but you MUST remember to take it out before lighting up!! Worked a treat for silencing the squeak.

OP
OP
RidersofRohan
Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
We've previously wedged a little scouring sponge in for travelling... but you MUST remember to take it out before lighting up!! Worked a treat for silencing the squeak.

Interesting. How is it wedged? It feels like the back panel is making the noise by being too flimsy and flexing in the middle.
The earlier suggestion of a stretcher plate is good except I am a little nervous about screwing through it into whatever is at the back of it. I am told it is a void but would be nice to know.
A non invasive (but flammable) alternative might be to wedge something as you say but what against?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Interesting. How is it wedged? It feels like the back panel is making the noise by being too flimsy and flexing in the middle.
The earlier suggestion of a stretcher plate is good except I am a little nervous about screwing through it into whatever is at the back of it. I am told it is a void but would be nice to know.
A non invasive (but flammable) alternative might be to wedge something as you say but what against?
Not sure if our 'noise' was exactly the same as yours - it was in our previous van. But it was the burner rubbing/moving against the surrounding cabinet that made the noise, and we could just push a clean scouring sponge in and it quietened things right down. Maybe slightly different issue on your van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back