Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Where did he say he was filling at his own properties all over Europe?
Where did who say what?

My comment is about legality, everyone is quick to follow Calor's line and say its illegal to refill a non-refillable.

I don't condone the practise, I've never done it, I acknowledge how dangerous it might be if you only have half an idea about what you are doing But if they do this on their own property, what law are they breaking? As far as I can see, its a breach of the terms of conditions, but when did that become illegal?

As for breaching the disgusting company known as Calor's conditions. Try getting money back on a bottle and watch them breach them.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Update today 18th June - still no LPG at Trago!

However their Shell Diesel is 6p per litre cheaper than the local Tesco this morning when I filled the car up!
I've just rung them.
Their estimated next delivery of LPG is 5th July!!!

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
This morning Filllpg.co.uk said there was LPG at the Esso Winning Post, Haldon Hill, on the A38 and MyLPG.eu said it was out of order. Filllpg was correct and I topped up with 16 litres just to make sure.

The MyLPG app is easier to use than the Filllpg web site but I would rather have the correct information from a clunky web site than out of date info from a slick app.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
This morning Filllpg.co.uk said there was LPG at the Esso Winning Post, Haldon Hill, on the A38 and MyLPG.eu said it was out of order. Filllpg was correct and I topped up with 16 litres just to make sure.

The MyLPG app is easier to use than the Filllpg web site but I would rather have the correct information from a clunky web site than out of date info from a slick app.

The problem is that these apps and websites rely on the app/website users to update the info on LPG sites when they fill up, so now you have filled up there you can now correct the MyLPG.eu to help others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The problem is that these apps and websites rely on the app/website users to update the info on LPG sites when they fill up, so now you have filled up there you can now correct the MyLPG.eu to help others.
Not used it much previously because I have been happier with Filllpg but I will try to log in and update MyLPG info.

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
We’ve just filled up with LPG at Ower services, just off the M27 today.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I don't condone the practise, I've never done it, I acknowledge how dangerous it might be if you only have half an idea about what you are doing But if they do this on their own property, what law are they breaking?
None as far as I am aware Jim, but they are behaving immorally, putting others at risk by carrying out dangerous practises with flammable substances, which they have received neither the input, training, nor certification for, especially regarding the dangers of handling flammable/explosive substances. Cylinder refilling is not normally carried out on a premises within a residential area, but more an industrial area, where the life risk is much reduced.

Cocking up the refilling process in your back garden within your local neighbourhood, can have catastrophic consequences for all around you............................ should you get it wrong, even if you are lucky enough to survive your own cock up.

It's amazing the extremes that some folks will go to, in order to save a few bob. :doh:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Where did who say what?

My comment is about legality, everyone is quick to follow Calor's line and say its illegal to refill a non-refillable.

I don't condone the practise, I've never done it, I acknowledge how dangerous it might be if you only have half an idea about what you are doing But if they do this on their own property, what law are they breaking? As far as I can see, its a breach of the terms of conditions, but when did that become illegal?

As for breaching the disgusting company known as Calor's conditions. Try getting money back on a bottle and watch them breach them.

I don't think there is any suggestion they're doing this on their own property. They're doing it at publicly accessible petrol stations. They're taking advantage of credulous staff and increasing the likelihood that legal owners of Safefill bottles who have invested in the proper safety equipment will be banned.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If someone does something wrong then everyone will be banned, then think we will all be off the road going by this

Knickers and twist spring to mind

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Sainsbury's at the Dome Roundabout in Watford had LPG today on 2 pumps.

Cow Lane Watford WD25 9JS

Hope this helps!!
Hello neighbour, That’s my nearest local, always had lpg. Before that, I used the shell at the top of the roundabout.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I think I have updated the information on MyLPG but not yet showing on the app.
I have now tried to update the MyLPG app twice and it is still showing the Esso Winning Post as not having LPG. This is wrong, the Winning Post had LPG yesterday and it shows up correctly on Filllpg.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Please, please don't let Morrison's go the way of Asda and remove their lpg pumps....
Maybe not as they’re partners with Safefill according to Safefill web site.
3CCA7CA7-92D5-4180-83F7-055FD2DD74A6.jpeg

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
May be Morrisons are experiencing a drop in diesel sales with electric cars becoming more on stream and the cost or ripping it out and fitting a fuel pump don’t make it worth while at the moment

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I filled up up a few days ago at Morrisons in Wisbech, 58p.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Filled up with lpg at lunchtime at the Sainsburys petrol station just off the A3 at Cobham. Only the near side pump (as you approach it) working but will stretch to other side if you’re fill up is on your left.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Anyone in Kent Maidstone area, there is a Golf garage in Aylesford has gas. It’s opposite Toolstation Aylesford. Went there last night and asked, they still got some.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back