The Great Dorset Steam Fair (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I have decided to go this year and I have heard some bad reports of the camping there.I read somewhere that the c+cc have a ths nearby but cant find any info.I have looked here googled and tried the c+cc site.Anyone help ? thanx Paul

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
I don't know abut any camp sites nearby, but we went in 2008 and camped at the steam fair, as long as you can cope with a bit of a slope it was fine. We were there from the Thursday until the Sunday, fresh water wasn't a problem, finding somewhere to dump grey water was interesting but plenty of places to empty the loo. If you are planning on camping with friends the only way is to arrive together to make sure you can park next to each other.

Camping on site meant that we could amble back to the van for lunch and then back to the fair again after a little rest to be ready for the night time. I doubt we would have done that if we had been off site. We booked to see the entertainment on 2 evenings it was good fun, as was wandering around the fun fair and seeing all the traction engines lit up :thumb:

Hope you find somewhere, it is a fantastic thing to go to.

Tina

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
The CCC have a temporary holiday site during the Steam Fair usually about £6.50 pupn and run a bus into the show with discounted entry August 20 / Sept 9 Hyde Farm Glebe Field Pimperne Blandford Forum DT11 8TX
Colin Rice 01264361404 for more details

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
I have decided to go this year and I have heard some bad reports of the camping there. thanx Paul

Hi Paul, We have been camping at GDSF ever since they allowed Disabled camping which was the year after they first moved to there present site. In all that time we have had no problems, The cost has now got to a point where we go alternate years.

Last year was interesting in getting around due to the mud in the camping fields, but there is always someone there to give a hand if you get stuck.

There is an onsite general store and camping shop. Also a part time Doctors Surgery and a Pharmacy. There is also a mobile Butcher / Milk / Bread and Gas Cylinder supplies. A Bus also runs throughout the openning hours all around the site.

So go on Book online.

Brian & mo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back