The Globecar Warranty - Any Experiences (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Unfortunately most manufacturers of motorhomes seem to be as bad.

Not so sure on that Jez. Globecar seem to be beating most of the competition in terms of slow responses and delivery times etc.

That said, I'm not entirely sure if it is Globecar that's to blame or the UK Globecar dealer network which IMO has been left wanting in certain areas of customer support.

The German guys seem to have lots of problems too but they have a good selection of dealers which seem to bend over backwards for them, not all though.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Its a shame you are still having to battle to get your issues sorted, we did get very, VERY, p'd off with it all and if we were looking for a PVC in the future I'm not sure I'd go for a Globecar again unless it was second-hand and out of warranty as I could then go anywhere to get things sorted (or do them myself). It really is a shame as they do make lovely vehicles but I prefer to use them rather than have to fix or fight to get stuff sorted.

The dealer we bought our last Globecar from informed us that the parts supply/back-up/support was one of the reasons they got out of being an official dealer for them and changed to another brand of PVCs with no relation to Globecar or the parent company.

Oh, nearly forgot ... the windows! We saw quite a few newer MHs and PVC on our last holiday in France/Spain with the same issue, this was from other manufacturers, some of them VERY expensive MHs, so it's down to how they are being made and consequently I doubt if anything can/will be done about them, sorry.

Great post Mel - agree on all points there. It's a real shame as the brand would be 'spot-on' if the after sales was improved.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew
Feel for you, that is shocking state of affairs for any major player in The PVC market, we dont expect to see flawed windows in a van at their prices, or anything else really.
Is there any chance of cutting out the middle man so to speak, by driving the van to Globecar in Germany?, thats what another funster had to do to get his van sorted although it was not a Globecar, it was a Euro Mobil.

I know others will point out that your contract for warranty issues is with the dealer, which is correct, but even they cannot get anywhere with Globecar in a sensible time frame.

Sending replacement parts out to the dealer and then entering a warranty fight to get reimbursed is total madness, its like they cannot trust their dealers to identify a manufacturing problem, even with Photo Evidence.

I would not want to have any future dealings with Globecar, or be a dealer/distributor for them, as they clearly dont care about after care or customer service.
As I said before, customer service needs to be key for any business to survive let alone expand into new markets.
Good luck, I hope theses issues you are having can be resolved before the summer season starts, you have places tom go and things to see.
Best wishes.
LES

Thanks for the advice and the pointers Les. You've knocked all of the nails on the head with that tip-top post of yours.

Fingers crossed that something happens soon as it's a bit of a morale cruncher.

All the best,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Bought our Globescout 2015 model in 2016 'new'! Seems we were lucky with state of build as had no issues for Warranty other than a broken door fly screen that was replaced with no trouble after waiting for delivery from Germany. Our dealer was JC Leisure of Rye at the time but they are not a Globecar dealer now!

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Bought our Globescout 2015 model in 2016 'new'! Seems we were lucky with state of build as had no issues for Warranty other than a broken door fly screen that was replaced with no trouble after waiting for delivery from Germany. Our dealer was JC Leisure of Rye at the time but they are not a Globecar dealer now!

Globescouts are really good bits of kit (IMO) and in general terms have very few issues since they stem from the D-Line Factory.

The H-line vans such as the Summit and Vario range are the ones which are experiencing the quality control issues. There have been lots of issues being reported on the French and German forums so I'm not alone in my thinking.

This year will be an incredibly testing time for the whole motorhome market and I already know of one Globecar dealer who may stop selling them soon - the demand has dropped off but, that said, this applies to many marques.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... I'm not entirely sure if it is Globecar that's to blame or the UK Globecar dealer network which IMO has been left wanting in certain areas of customer support.
I was informed by JC Leisure who we got our last Globecar (Campscout) from that all warranty etc claims have to be put through SMC as they are the official UK importer for Globecar (all PVC orders have to go via them too apparently). From our experience with the warranty stuff for our previous Globecar (Familyscout) SMC do not 'help' the situation at all which is one reason why I did not want to use them when we were looking to change. Ours was one of the last Globecars that JC Leisure sold as they were just clearing out what they had in stock, hence why we got it for a good price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our last one was from JC Leisure when they were clearing existing stock before they de-franchised, they'd basically had enough of the messing around from Globecar et al.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back