Free Member
Jun 16, 2013
Forest of Dean Gloucester
Funster No
MH
RV lowline
Exp
since 2013
We are planning, next year to travel via Luxembourg and Geneva to explore Switzerland and ride the Glacier Express and them wander back through France. If any member has experienced a similar jaunt, or travelled in Switzerland we would be grateful for any advice, suggestions or warnings.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm interested to hear the replies as im planning to cross Switzerland next year too.
The glacier express though is a 7.5 hour journey so are you planning to go both ways ? Or how will you get back to your van ?
I'm so looking forward to alpine scenery and have looked at the much shorter rail journeys on bernnina (spelling) railway from lauterbrunnen area that may give the wow factor and not leave you miles from the van.
Still in planning stage though.

OP
OP
B

boston

Free Member
Jun 16, 2013
Forest of Dean Gloucester
Funster No
MH
RV lowline
Exp
since 2013
I am also in early planning stage but I believe its possible to chop off the ends and do a return trip from Brig to Chur (the best bit) which is 5 hrs each way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
we did the Glacier Express a few years ago, wonderful experience, but when we did it, November I think, it was too hot, so no snow :(:(

Jul 4, 2019
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since February 2019
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it's all I could find on a search.
Did any of you planning to make the trip actually do it and, if so, I would really love to hear what you did and how you got on please? ;)
Also, if anyone else has made the trip I would love to get feedback.
Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back