The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I loved the Swedish one John, but did watch the dubbed version and found after two minutes I didn't even notice it was dubbed... was so into it.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

Just finished reading the three books that make the Dragon tattoo absolutely superb.

Two down one to go unfortunately.

I don't read fiction much but these I've not been able to put down.

3 O'clock one morning and I could just not keep my eyes open. At 12, 1 and 2 it was, "just one more chapter", by 3 I'd run out of option.

Any more this good Jim ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think you know the answer..............
I found the subtitled Swedish films very faithful to the books, and very enjoyable, although due to constricts of time, the storylines are somewhat truncated. I wasn't aware that they had been remade and I hope they never are. The Swedish films may have been dubbed into English, which personally I would find to be an abomination.

Just watched the dubbed version, in fact the DVD offers dubbed or sub-titles.

If I hadn't read the book I'd have said a really good film but I had so I have to say it's nowhere as good as the book. Lacked load of gratuitous sex ! Personally I would have totally removed the sub plot about WWWWWWWWWW ( whatsizname ) because there was no time to make it at all involving. 'er indoors, who has not read the book nearly jumped off the settee once or twice.

Salander was just perfect.

What I did find interesting were the women, apart from Salander all could be described as "seen some life". Which is good. I'll bet the yank version doesn't have that many wrinkles. Clearly the Swedes are not ageist.

Are all Swedish male leads based on Wallander ? This guy did not look like a bed hopping sex machine.

LickeyEndBlues

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
2years but caravanned for years
Book(s) of the year in 2010 but I did find the last one rambled a bit. Overall a good read though. Will look out for the Swedish versions on Dvd.

Recently loaded Jo Nesbo's first onto the Kindle....watch this space.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Have read all three books, now given to my Sister, am great read, but they don,nt half drink a lot of perculated Coffee :roflmto:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Read 1 and 2 on holiday and just started 3rd one and according to Kindle im 31% through it. Must admit i thought the first 2 books were great and enjoying the 3rd one so far.

bobh

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Powys
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Several Years
Dragon Tattoo

I completely agree I have just finished the trilogy and think it is the best read I have ever had.::bigsmile:
bobh

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've watched all the movies now, of course none are as good as the books but enjoyable nontheless:thumb: I bet the Hollywood one will be pants

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Read the 1st 2 books in a few days, just started the 3rd. Bought the dvd and thought it an enormous disappointment :Sad:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Ive read the trilogy, I thought they were brilliant. No-one I know would appreciate them, and as the bookcase is full, I am happy to pass them on...so here's the deal, pm me with your address if you want to borrow them, I'll post them to you...when read, you do the same for another member, just post up when each becomes available. Its much better to read them in turn, by the way.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Read the first three Jo Nesbo's and just starting the fourth. There is a bit of a theme running through the first three so they should be read in order. The main man, Harry Hole (pronounced Holy I read somewhere) is a real mixed up character with a drink problem but maybe it's the violent murders he has to deal with. P'raps I'm getting old and not concentrating but I did find the often frequent jumping from the early days to the present a little confusing at times and had to keep referring back to see who was who but still a good read. :thumb:

Downloaded mine to the Kindle:

The Redbreast
Nemesis
The Devil’s Star
The Redeemer
The Snowman
The Leopard

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
stig bloody b*****d bloomkvist .... brilliant, kept me sane when we were forced to stay in the van earlier this year

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
who would you like to see play the part of salander in the movie ?

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Dont know her name, but she is in casulaty or holby city, small girl with black bobbed hair, wears a blue uniform.

reminds me, heard on the radio that the govt say the biggest threat to the NHS is Holby City............or was it obesity?:ROFLMAO:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Im halfway through the second one...on the kindle........and have to agree fantastic books
A really superb read.

THe late authors first novels I think... sadly he died.....with a huge bust up going on between his family and his girlfriend for what must be the large fortune these 3 books have made.
fantastic writing !

barry

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Read all 3 books and felt really sad when I finished them and realized there would be no more. A blooming good read :thumb:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Read all 3 books and felt really sad when I finished them and realized there would be no more. A blooming good read :thumb:

I have read somewhere that the author had a draft for a series of ten girl books and that his partner may be going to complete the series. So I hope this is true as I enjoyed the first three.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The 4th book

The status of the 4th book

When Stieg started writing the Millennium series, he laid an outline of a total of ten books. Before his death in November 2004, he had finished the first three books and was well underway with the fourth. In an email written to a friend a month before his death, Stieg says that he has finished about half of the fourth book. Stieg says that he has written the beginning and the end, but that the middle part is not finished yet.

Many readers have asked if Eva Gabrielsson, Stieg's life companion, could finish the fourth book, as she was deeply involved in the writing while Stieg was still alive. Eva herself is very positive, however, Swedish jurisdiction obstructs such a solution.

Stieg & Moi

The book "Stieg & Moi", written by Eva Gabrielsson and Marie Francois Colombani comes out the 19 Jan 2011. The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has read a rawcopy of the book and can reveal several interesting scoops.

Eva says in the book that she could finish the fourth manuscript but is, as of this moment unable to due to the legal dispute between her and Stieg Larsson's father and brother. The Swedish title of the fourh book is also told, and is said to be "Guds hämd" (english translation: God's revenge).

Aftonbladet has earlier published the news that the fourth book would take place in Canada, about 75 miles (120km) north of Sauchs Harbour on Banks Island. It is also told that the fourth script would mainly focus on Lisbet Salander, and how her personality changes when she starts to deal with her conflicts from the past. Her tattoos are explained and you are told that each and everyone represent a person who has hurt her throughout her life, both mentally and physically.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well, we already know about at least one of the tattoos don't we? - the Wasp one was explained somewhere in books 1 - 3 ......

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Under Swedish inheritance laws only wives count, lifelong partners don't, all the royalties from the books and anything else in his name go to his family and that's where the problems start, they claim they were a close family, Eva says they weren't, whatever the truth from what I have read they want to leave her with very little. She's hanging on to the manuscript in the hope she can make some money from it, they want it to make even more than the other 3 books have given them.

On the surface the family (Father and Son I believe) look like money grabbing bas**rds, but who knows.

Don't you just need a death in the family to bring out the worst in people.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back