The French are Revolting - - - -AGAIN (1 Viewer)

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
But if you want the answer breaking down into actual figures, then you will need to speak to Diane Abbot.............

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
BBC news reported yesterday that Les Gilets Jaunes numbered 50,000, 100,000 or 250,000. I suppose that the truth is in the somewhere.

Saw none on my drive to/from St Cere, total distance about 25 kms but that may not be representative. BTW diesel downto 1.425 at Leclerc so I topped up ready for my return to Hell on Wednesday.

Proof, if proof were needed, that demonstrating works. More power to your banners comrades.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
All the roads were blocked around where we live. All the major roundabouts both on motorways and National roads were blocked. Even the entrance to the local supermarkets were closed off. Intermache closed for the day as shoppers could not get in. At 23:00 All the demonstrators where having a vigilance and BBQ on the roundabouts although the traffic was flowing. I would say they had a very good turnout around here. We own a shop. We got to work before the blockages but shut the shop early as the roads around the town were almost deserted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Seems to have been an effective blockade although whether the politicos will take note is another matter

Also reports of a woman being killed by a motorist who failed to stop

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
Hello from mr grumpy,travelled from Spain Saturday tried to go to narborne ? Protester 1 said non go away (I think that was his meaning) that was after we tried to cross the border.25km of standing trucks and a lot of angry motorists. This took the best part of 1 1/2 hrs ended up at Millau 12 hrs later !!!
Thought it was all over left on Sunday.!,,? protester 2 at bridge say non go another way?
Then got caught again at charters 1hr in two stops at round about !!
On to nonacourt two stops again 1hr
Just as well I wasn’t in my wagon otherwise there would have been a few more broken bones
And as for the police force what a set of wimps and nogoods. Lazy buggers who appear to condone what was being done!
On the A16 today got caught in another demo by three vans with flashers on travelling at 6 km an hour stopped anybody passing and the police who were monitoring it let this go on for 90 min arseholes.

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
been reading and they are still protesting today A84 A10 A9 all having roadblocks of Trucks and burning tyres

AND as usual the Gendarmes are just stood by watching but doing nothing

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
fair play to the french(y)
they don't sit on their computers moaning, they get out there and get in the face of their government.(y)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
The event on Saturday was well publicised on this site and elsewhere so it should not have come as a surprise. As for the sympathetic inaction of the gendarmes this is par for the course.

BTW did I see on the news that some hooligans complaining about alleged climate change closed 5 bridges in Central London?

But not many Funsters will have been affected by that either.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Just come back from Saint Etienne and the blockades are still in place. If anything it seems to have picked up momentum. They are now covering the blockades on a shift system. They are now saying that if you don't have a Yellow high viz jacket on display on your dash board or wear one they will block you off completely.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
My hi-viz gilets are orange. If I put them on the dash pretending to be sympathetic to the cause, will that get me through any roadblocks quicker, or will they just think I'm part of some kind of counter-protest?

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Thanks for the tip about prominently displaying my gilet jaune. Hopefully my French plate will blind them to the fact that my steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Protesters still in evidence yesterday on my trip to Calais. Delayed at Chartres, Dreux, near Nonancourt and biggest protest at Rouen. Their main delaying system was closing one of two lanes approaching a roundabout then acting as traffic cops allowing just one of four accesses onto roundabout at a time. Do not recall seeing any police anywhere. All was good natured and the treehuggers will be pleased to note that no tyres were injured as the gilets jaunes are now burining wooden pallets.

Total delay was around 1.5 hours - in the great scheme of things not much worse than getting through the tunnel at Dartford.

I will be returning to civilisation on Sunday Dec 2 by which time the protests will either have cleared up or be worse. Either way I. Will be heading home so do not care.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
My hi-viz gilets are orange. If I put them on the dash pretending to be sympathetic to the cause, will that get me through any roadblocks quicker, or will they just think I'm part of some kind of counter-protest?

They will think you are a politic as FO will join in the strike with orange viz on. I don't know what's best indeed..... I, would leave it aside and if stopped show it to make them understand it is not the right colour

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I've swapped the orange gilets with the yellow ones from the car, so we now have the right colour.

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
So they are reports of 412 arrested over 100 injured over the weekend in Paris

there are reports of 4 deaths since the protests started

there are loads of videos of tax offices being bricked up

though there are also reports of Police and secret service infiltrating the protests to whip things up and make them worse

wonder whats happening next

Deleted User

though there are also reports of Police and secret service infiltrating the protests to whip things up and make them worse

6th Republic?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

Lots of evidence and videos of calm and dignified protesters.
Lots of videos of right wing and left wing extremists smashing stuff up and attacking police and property.
Plenty of videos of police being attacked.
Didn't notice any of your police infiltrators videos or reports tbh ...
Got any?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Ive no issues with the protesting and causing havoc regarding travel.
What I can't condone is smashing shops up and looting along with burning peoples cars.

If there was a bit more of direct action just maybe the Politicians living in their bubbles might understand the general public a bit more.

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Ive no issues with the protesting and causing havoc regarding travel.
What I can't condone is smashing shops up and looting along with burning peoples cars.

If there was a bit more of direct action just maybe the Politicians living in their bubbles might understand the general public a bit more.

I agree with you
BUT the only way of getting politicians out of their bubbles maybe by forcibly relocating them on an island without out phones internet or food

Hmmm that's it send them all into the jungle

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If so I hope it all comes back to bite them.
Lots of evidence and videos of calm and dignified protesters.
Lots of videos of right wing and left wing extremists smashing stuff up and attacking police and property.
Plenty of videos of police being attacked.
Didn't notice any of your police infiltrators videos or reports tbh ...
Got any?
There are videos of police beating lone demonstrators.
I'd hope they'd burn more & continually except the cost of the petrol has risen considerably..............:)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I agree with you
BUT the only way of getting politicians out of their bubbles maybe by forcibly relocating them on an island without out phones internet or food

Hmmm that's it send them all into the jungle

Or...lock them all in the Houses of Parliament, surround the whole place with Yellow jackets and only let them out when they have all agreed something I can't mention. Feed them occassionally and deny them their extended Christmas break until it's all done. Maybe we should consider stronger action in the UK?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We came past Rouen on Saturday on our way south and roundabouts were chock a block with artics blocking the inside lanes only allowing traffic through one lane however it was all very friendly and we were not delayed at all as traffic seemed very light.:xgrin: That’s the only protests we have seen so far and we are now at Loulay:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:
Mind you the weathers been pretty miserable so that may account for lack of protesters.

Last edited:

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Returned yesterday. Protest in Rouen delayed me by 20 mins. There were protesters near Nonancourt, Dreux and Chartres but it was time for lunch and they ere just standing around. Much evidence of fires which on some roundabouts the protestors were sweeping up. No police types to be seen anywhere nearby though I did pass about 10 CRS minibuses heading S on the A20.

Protest in Gramat today but only affected 1 road onto a roundabout so easy to avoid.

The General view here is that the rural protestors and rent-an-anarchist groups in Paris are after different things. Not sure what Macron will do but I suspect that the H&Ks are being polished ready for use.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
This morning's announcement may mollify the rural protestors but I suspect that Paris may burn again next weekend.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
This morning's announcement may mollify the rural protestors but I suspect that Paris may burn again next weekend.
What was the announcement?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
3 main decisions
Tax on fuel
MOT level of pollution for diesel
Electricity and gas price increase

The whole lot is suspended for 6 months

Gilets jaunes don't accept these decisions even though the government is trying to show its willing to calm down the population.
They want the taxes to be cancelled , and think the government
"recule pour mieux sauter" is going backwards to better jump!

They will carry on their blockages until better answers are given and probably up to Christmas.

Be ready all!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back