Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim submitted a new resource:

The Follow Feature - Follow members see what they do and make contacting them easier

A little used function of Motorhomefun is the “follow” feature. When you ‘follow’ people it enables a few things that you can utilise or ignore.

When you follow people...

Everything they do appears in your Broken Link Removed. So if you don’t want to miss one of Old Mo’s Jokes, or Haganap announcing his ‘Bring and Buy Rally" then you can follow them and you won’t miss their posts.

You can follow friends you have made,...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
For other dummies it is found here. I didn't realise it focused on followed members only
news-feed-jpg.82744

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• News feed.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 395
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sounds alright I suppose. Does that mean if we are missing someone on the forum we can see if they are okay? I'm thinking of Gail and Tony who we haven't heard from for some time.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds alright I suppose. Does that mean if we are missing someone on the forum we can see if they are okay? I'm thinking of Gail and Tony who we haven't heard from for some time.

No, you will only be able to see what they are doing here publicly online. Following them to their home to find out why they are logging in would be a little intrusive ;)

Is it like a stalker app?:)

It's not an App, it just makes it easier to see what some people here are up to. You can't see anything that is not already public.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I now have a little pink box at the bottom right hand corner which says "Members You Follow" and a squiggly pair of arrows. As I don't follow anyone specifically and have no intention of doing so how do I get rid of the distraction of the pink box please?

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I now have a little pink box at the bottom right hand corner which says "Members You Follow" and a squiggly pair of arrows. As I don't follow anyone specifically and have no intention of doing so how do I get rid of the distraction of the pink box please?

I hadn't even noticed it until you mentioned it. Now that I've seen it, typically I can't help but notice it all the time!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

mines orange :(

cos it has just appeared it draws the eye.....haven't quite worked out who to stalk yet:LOL:

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I have to admit the colour is strange. Could be pink, could be orange or could even be pinky orange.
Whatever, I hope that @Jim can tell me how to remove it.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Is there any way to turn it off at all ( and stop the message bubbles coming up instead of the original notifications at the top ) ?
Mind sound daft but it just keeps on drawing my eye to it.. and in all honesty I am not that fussed about who is following who to start with !

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Ditto. Can we have an option to turn it off please?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I believe they will only show when they are on the same thread as you are ?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
:sleep:
I'm now following yooooo. Does it feel creepy?

Really creepy!:eek: I've never been followed by a woman before. I hope you don't find it too boring. I'm sure there must be men on here who'd be only too happy for you to follow them.:D
It is less creepy than I thought, though, because I've had an 'alert' to tell me that you're following me.
I had imagined that people would be able to follow 'from the shadows.' It kind of defeats the object of stalking. I think anonymity should be granted, so that people can get really pervy:sneaky:.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If I decide to "follow" a few young delectable lovelies on here will they know?:cautious:

dribble... dribble... letch.... letch.....slobber.....slober:D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Really creepy!:eek: I've never been followed by a woman before. I hope you don't find it too boring. I'm sure there must be men on here who'd be only too happy for you to follow them.:D
It is less creepy than I thought, though, because I've had an 'alert' to tell me that you're following me.
I had imagined that people would be able to follow 'from the shadows.' It kind of defeats the object of stalking. I think anonymity should be granted, so that people can get really pervy:sneaky:.

Lovely...LOVELY!!!!!!! AGH!!!!:giggle:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

Boring. Not following YOU anymore!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back