Rally The Falkirk Wheel Fri 20May 2016 (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Got home late last night after spending most of the day looking a various damp bits of stone - otherwise known as Hadrian's Wall. I have to confess to not being quite as fascinated by it as the OH, but it is set in stunning scenery - Northumberland is one of my favourite counties, so it was no hardship to drive across from Carlisle to Newcastle along the old Military Road - otherwise known rather more prosaically as the B6318. We stopped off at Vindolanda, which is well worth a visit - but do try & pick a sunny day, which yesterday afternoon wasn't! :(

As everyone has said, many thanks to Sandra @irnbru for running the meet. The dancing seemed to be enjoyed in equal measure by those doing the dancing & by those treating it as a spectator sport. :D There will very likely be more dancing (& with less arm twisting) mixed in with the rest of the music at the Music & Mechanicals meet over the first weekend in July, if anyone fancies a repeat performance. With live musicians too, which will make my job very much easier!

Great to see old friends & make some new ones. (Old friends? - We haven't been members for three full years yet!)

Here's to the next field or car park. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks to everyone who made the weekend so wonderful. Too many people to mention but Sandra @irnbru gets a huge :bear: for all her hard work and organising skills.

I have an idea for next year for us all to get to speak to everyone else - but you will have to wait and see :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We also had a brilliant time at our first Funster meet. After spending the weekend paying Sandra in £1 coins we didn't have a one for the supermarket trolley on Monday morning! The £301 she raised was fantastic and it didn't seem at all painful. She unfortunately broke her glasses over the weekend but no problem, she had of course bought them at the Pound Shop. Thanks again Sandra - Alex & Hilary

lowgill

Free Member
Apr 4, 2013
lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Been motorhoming since 2013
Just arrived home, thank you Sandra and helpers for a brill weekend, we really enjoyed it especially the dancing on Saturday evening. We really appreciate all the hard work you put in . many thanks Kevin and Lynne

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If anyone wants to share their pics from this lovely meet, Jim has set up an album, Broken Link Removed

:)

I've added a few;) x

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Graham and i have been racking our brains. Over the weekend a couple of people mentioned they were going to twin lakes in september at jags meet. Im sorry but i cant remember who. I know we are and George Graham is in process of booking it. Please put me out of my misery and tell me who is going
We are, for the last week

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Sandra,

We had a great

weekend, we thought Poundland started its life in Birmingham, did'nt it, but we found it had expanded to north of the border!

Our thanks to you and the band of supporters for a great weekend. Also thanks to Simon the Caller for a very professional delivery of instruction in dancing!

Lynda & Nev

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Oh I must add Safari Debs Oleg :p
At least it's blurred :tounge:
I'll post photos when I fond out how to get them off my phone!
If you've internet access on your phone you can just log on the site & upload - bit painful with the tiny screens though you can then edit everything once you go back to whatever you normally use:worried:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You've seen me in my pj's at Bagwell - or weren't you up that early in a morning:LOL:
* resists making comment that would result in early demise of duck *

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I must look for this one......... ;)
Can you tell the difference? :LOL::LOL:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I've just emailed Hawick welcome org doobry to thank them for the camperstop, brill idea:)

@PeterandNicole Did the 'Last of the Summer Wine' pic turn out?????:LOL:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Ye

Oh yes .. despite all the derogatory comments .. there are some ladies of class that wear them too..
.....me not being one of them you mean Joy?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Ye

Oh yes .. despite all the derogatory comments .. there are some ladies of class that wear them too..
Nothing derogatory, Joy.
I think safari Oleg is rather cute....Debs reminded me of him :love:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Nothing derogatory, Joy.
I think safari Oleg is rather cute....Debs reminded me of him :love:
Not your post sunshine .. was joking bout one of David's past posts. Oleg is fought over by myself and Viennese to be adopted. He is the cutest, cleverest advertising gimmick evrr. :):)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'll post photos when I find out how to get them off my phone!

I managed to post them !!! So pleased with myself :) You will need to click on the photo to see the full image as some have been cropped.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
I managed to post them !!! So pleased with myself :) You will need to click on the photo to see the full image as some have been cropped.
Hi. Where have you posted them please
Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back