Rally The Falkirk Wheel Fri 20May 2016 (2 Viewers)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
The next meet organised by Sandra will be called the "£1 meet" well done Sandra it is the best meet we have been to, we really enjoyed it and will definitely be back next year (with my pockets filled with £1 coins)
Watching Sandra I now know how to order a discount Chinese meal and how to raise £301 for Guide Dogs for the blind from only 30 mhs.
Thanks to all the Funsters who were all so friendly.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Just got home after a wonderful weekend at the Falkirk Wheel.Thanks to everyone involved in the smooth running of the meet it is the first funster meet we have been to where the blokes were dancing before nine o clock and they were mostly sober. Later found out it was a CEILIDH dance.Thanks once again everyone for a lovely weekend. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well that was a great weekend:D....think I've already thanked @irnbru & @Graham and Jane but just wanted to say it again:glitter:
We've met some lovely funsters and not laughed as much for ages......looking forward to next years already (&yes, we'll start a £1 fund too:LOL:)

........see a few of you soon at the Music & Mechanicals meet where I've kindly rented out Les again for bbq duties.....and it'll coincide with his birthday so I'll have to organise tea & cakes or something a wee bit stronger;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Just arrived home from one of the best weekends ever. A fantastic friendly fun laden meet organised by that shy, demure, retiring, quiet ,unassuming and pocket emptying lady Sandra and her great team. Made some lovely new genuine friends(and that process cost money too!)
Thanks again Sandra you're a real topper--already looking forward to next years meet.
Ashley and Ian

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All back safe and sound just wish to say THANKS to everyone (y)-no names because I have forgotten them all so I suppose that will be another £1 ;):LOL::LOL::LOL:Really enjoyed it (y)
terry

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
All back safe and sound just wish to say THANKS to everyone (y)-no names because I have forgotten them all so I suppose that will be another £1 ;):LOL::LOL::LOL:Really enjoyed it (y)
terry
We'd just changed drivers when you sailed past on the A66....:LOL: What I can't work out is how we caught Brendan up on the M74 but he was still on site when we left:ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi DEBS DID YOU CALL FOR FUEL ? -You left about half hour before me ;):) x
terry

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks to Sandra and co for rounding off our tour of the highlands. The Falkirk meet was a real treat, we really enjoyed the weekend. Nice to meet new funsters, catching up with old funsters and potentially paying the price (£1) for forgetting funster names also.
Well done Sandra and team and all the funsters at the meet:):):).

Jim and Lyn

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks from us as well. Our first "real" meet and we had a great time. Hope to do it all again next year and have already started the £1 fund.

I also have some ideas for "fun and games" for next year :)

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
We'd just changed drivers when you sailed past on the A66....:LOL: What I can't work out is how we caught Brendan up on the M74 but he was still on site when we left:ROFLMAO:

It's those wormholes in the time/space continuum.
But then I used the old fashioned style to pass you again on the A66 during your driver changeover/ dog comfort break.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It's those wormholes in the time/space continuum.
But then I used the old fashioned style to pass you again on the A66 during your driver changeover/ dog comfort break.
:ROFLMAO: Ah thats how it's done is it? And did you have your cloaking device on when you passed us again as both of us missed you (sorry, I would've waved:LOL:)

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
:ROFLMAO: Ah thats how it's done is it? And did you have your cloaking device on when you passed us again as both of us missed you (sorry, I would've waved:LOL:)

I didn't want to startle anyone by sounding the horn as you were out with the dog.
I had seen you go past my 'driving miss daisy' style earlier.

MuckyMerc

Free Member
May 16, 2016
GLASGOW
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION A CLASS.
Exp
I'm last to leave, well someone had to be, thanks again all, lovely to meet some more faces and a load more names to be forgotten when we next meet :LOL:

See you all again somewhere hopefully (y)
see u soon ,,ive had so many names all ready dave..im forgotten already....ps what was the name of your dog again..lol...

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for all the nice messages. Its you lot that turned up that deserves a pat on the back. (y)
A few of you said the name game did make you try to know more folk so hopefully it helped you all get to know each other more while making most pockets £1lighter:)
Thanks for all the donations received or persuaded to part with:D including those from absentees @andy63 and my mum.
Special thanks to @Graham and Jane for parking up the vans and collecting the ££££s , Les and George for all the BBQs, And to Simon for teaching the ceilidh dances. Can't wait to do it all again. And I see we seem to have recruited a new member due to our meet(y)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I passed a lot of motorhomes on the A68 today was it you lot:D If it was there wasn't many waves;)

Sep 28, 2015
Nr Wick at the top of the Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Euramobil coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
Ok i have to place a post on here as we are now back home, this rally was our first ever motorhome rally and we both had an amazing time, we cant thank everyone personally but one person deserves a special thank you and that is you Sandra, from the minute we arrived you made us more than welcome and ensured we knew what was happening right through the meet, everyone was so friendly and welcoming we were astounded, If i am honest i was so nervous about coming if Peter had let me i wouldnt have come, but now i cant wait to go to the next one we have booked into at Hartlepool. Thanks again everyone the whole weekend was a blast and we look forward to meeting up with everyone again , Oh and Charley is absolutely shattered and is already away in the land of nod!xxx

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry being so late posting but no internet and iffy 3G..
A big thanks to Sandra and all her helpers for a very enjoyable meet, will put this on our list for next year.
Got my pound ready for the name game already.:)
Dave & Sandra.

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We had a great weekend. Jack and Ellie enjoyed themselves so much neither wanted to leave. Look forward to seeing you next time and those who can't come back we hope you enjoy wherever you end up. Safe travels every one. We are now looking forward to Twin Lakes meet in France in September.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We had a great weekend. Jack and Ellie enjoyed themselves so much neither wanted to leave. Look forward to seeing you next time and those who can't come back we hope you enjoy wherever you end up. Safe travels every one. We are now looking forward to Twin Lakes meet in France in September.
Glad you enjoyed yourselves, your efforts went a long way to making the meet the success that it was

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Bit late in posting this but no 3G or wifi made it difficult. ;)
Thanks to everybody that attended the meet and made it a great event but as others have said, a special thanks must go to Sandra @irnbru for great organisation and extortion skills :LOL::LOL:
Hopefully see you around sometime during the coming year and will definitely be back next year.
John and Jan.

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Graham and i have been racking our brains. Over the weekend a couple of people mentioned they were going to twin lakes in september at jags meet. Im sorry but i cant remember who. I know we are and George Graham is in process of booking it. Please put me out of my misery and tell me who is going

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back