The Dutch are still visiting our fair isle. (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Just seen a convoy of about seven cars & caravans plus a MH, all NL plated, passing through Yeovil heading north. Pleased to see we are still receiving visitors but I wonder where they were going / staying.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Dutch engineers and workers did much to help the shape of East Anglian Landscape, waterways and defences. When you look at some architecture you can see the Dutch influence in houses and other buildings

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Dutch engineers and workers did much to help the shape of East Anglian Landscape, waterways and defences. When you look at some architecture you can see the Dutch influence in houses and other buildings
They still have inputs into the glass house industry over here . A lot have connections to Dutch growers.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
They still have inputs into the glass house industry over here . A lot have connections to Dutch growers.
Absolutely and in the past with reclamation, I often wonder when it is said we should give up on sea defenses if we should consult the Dutch before we give up on a stretch of coastline.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Simpsons

Free Member
Jul 29, 2019
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie ex caravan

I may be showing my age....
Wasn't it Slartiblartfast that won an award for creating the Norwegian fijords and he dumped the waste creating east Anglia.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Absolutely and in the past with reclamation, I often wonder when it is said we should give up on sea defenses if we should consult the Dutch before we give up on a stretch of coastline.
I thought we did consult the Dutch, their first question to the UK was how much are you going to spend?
......end of consultations.
Phil

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
I may be showing my age....
Wasn't it Slartiblartfast that won an award for creating the Norwegian fijords and he dumped the waste creating east Anglia.

Yes, and to reward him he was given Africa to shape second time around!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back