Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I bought a dressing gown to go in my motorhome for visits to the shower block, but I've rarely used it

Instead I have a selection of thongs:

A black one for Monday
A blue one for Tuesday
A white one for Wednesday
A red one for Thursday
A gold one for Friday
A silver one for Saturday
And as Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, I don't bother with a thong

Surprisingly, I get more wolf whistles on Sundays 🙂

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Well we are still here and bugger me if they aren't going out in dressing gowns again , must be getting ready to go clubbing.
Nah...they’ll be off to the Bingo, you better hurry up.👍🏼

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
I have often thought that the manufacturers should give people a choice, if people have no intention of using the toilet,sink,shower on board then why not offer an option to fit a wardrobe, cupboards, whatever in its place
We have all seen model ranges where they use a full set of interior furniture for the biggest and most expensive one but as they go down the range certain furniture is removed or moved about so surely they could fit something instead of a bathroom
It's not the manufacturers problem if there is a 'resale' issue, although I dont think there would be, so maybe they are missing an opportunity........I'm sure they would charge extra for the option so making more money for fitting less

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
FYI I have regular bowel movements 6 - 7 am..

When she was alive to save her 'the experience' I would use the site toilet.

Left it a bit late one morning on a site in France - left the underpants in the waste bin.....

Hope you've all eaten....

(y):giggle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have often thought that the manufacturers should give people a choice, if people have no intention of using the toilet,sink,shower on board then why not offer an option to fit a wardrobe, cupboards, whatever in its place
We have all seen model ranges where they use a full set of interior furniture for the biggest and most expensive one but as they go down the range certain furniture is removed or moved about so surely they could fit something instead of a bathroom
It's not the manufacturers problem if there is a 'resale' issue, although I dont think there would be, so maybe they are missing an opportunity........I'm sure they would charge extra for the option so making more money for fitting less
I have always understood that gypsys don't have toilets in their caravans, don't know about motorhomes.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
You are correct, never thought of that, a hobby caravan can be ordered without a bathroom

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
If ever you are camped near our all female group I'm afraid on a cold morning or night, you may have to tolerate quite a few onesies. Sorry. :)
Depends how cold it is. :Eeek:

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
If ever you are camped near our all female group I'm afraid on a cold morning or night, you may have to tolerate quite a few onesies. Sorry. :)
We’re you at the Blenheim Palace last weekend? We may have been in the queue next to you ?

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I have used on site showers, but it depends on the facilities and the queues. I prefer not to be treading on other people’s suds and stuff. I like the exclusivity of my own shower!

Apr 11, 2018
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 1990
As a regular user of showers before Covid (not at the moment) I can explain the dressing gown thing. I hate the performance of removing and donning trousers and underwear on soaking wet floors. Wear nothing but a dressing gown, walk in the shower, hang up towel and dressing gown on hook, shower, dry, don dressing gown and walk back. Simples!!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I’m a shower in the van man.

some scruffy, filthy **** use site facilities. Don’t want verrucas either.

don’t get me started on people who walk about everywhere bare foot or put their feet up on seats 🤬
That's where Crocs are handy.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well we are still here and bugger me if they aren't going out in dressing gowns again , must be getting ready to go clubbing.
It's when I see women in the school run or in Tesco in a dressing gown I get annoyed,,lazy buggers.BUSBY.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Posted on another thread, then thought it worthy of its own.

Why is it people with onboard facilities don’t use them. Surely in this day and age 99% of motorhomes and caravans are self contained. Toilet blocks should only be for campers. One of my pet hates people walking about campsites in dressing gowns. Each to there own.

We use our own facilities, especially at present. Having said that, a long hot shower is lovely. I walk about in a dressing gown on these occasions. I have an easy solution for you, don’t look.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
139 replies to a thread on dressing gowns in 19 hours - amazing.

Beats Gassing.

Who mentioned Gassing?????

When I got gassed they stole my rolex, £1000 cash, my dressing gown & crocs

(OK so I'm fibbing about the crocs - if ever I was tempted to wear crocs, I'd head for Dignitas 🙂)

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
“Why is it that people with on board facilities don’t use them??” to which I reply “Why is it that people who have paid for communal showers and toilets don’t use them??”. I’m in the latter camp preferring to use site facilities thus saving ourselves the trouble of constantly cleaning out onboard shower/toilet areas (ours are still like new) and redoing the cassette every 5 mins. And no, I don’t travel to and emerge from the shower block in my dressing gown (give me some credit!). It is a case of ‘each to their own’ with no rights or wrongs and if you get upset by people in dressing gowns then that’s sad.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We use dressing gowns when we get up, but only inside the MH, and take them off inside the shower. We use onboard facilities. We do not pay for facilities and not use them.

These activities might seem strange to some on here.

Geoff

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Why would you go to the bother of having to fill a water tank up and empty it and why wouldn't you use the facilities that you have paid for the luxury of using? Do you use the onsite toilet? I really don't see the difference. I would only use the MH shower if there was not an alternative.
On the other hand why would you bother getting dressed for a cold or wet walk across a field and then get undressed in the usually cold verruca infested shower and get dressed again to walk back in the cold or wet. Much quicker easier and more pleasant to just take off our pyjamas in our warm motorhome, step into our warm clean shower that nobody but us has used, do the business them step out again towel dry and get dressed in your day clothes. And no, we do not use site toilets either.

And all of that is even more important when you consider the times we are living in. I certainly would never use a shower or toilet that I know somebody else who I do not live with has just used. Covid has a 3 day life span outside the body and I do not want to take a lottery as to whether somebody carrying it has used the toilet or shower I chose.

As for cleaning down the shower after use we just spray the walls and door with Mr Muscle Shower Shine and just leave it to do its thing.

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Why is it that people who have paid for communal showers and toilets don’t use them
The luxury of choice. I have stayed on many sites both good and bad all over Europe. Firstly I like the ability to put my chairs/tables/barbacue out, secondly I like to connect to electric, thirdly I like the security, after that I pick and choose what others facilities I want to use. You don’t have to use every facilty on very site.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Posted on another thread, then thought it worthy of its own.

Why is it people with onboard facilities don’t use them. Surely in this day and age 99% of motorhomes and caravans are self contained. Toilet blocks should only be for campers. One of my pet hates people walking about campsites in dressing gowns. Each to there own.
Soon be en route to Northern Ireland with dressing gown and crocs!! Look out for us!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back