The Dressing Gown Brigade (1 Viewer)

Jan 12, 2018
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Integrated
Exp
12 years
Proud to wear crocs and a dressing gown! On board facilities only used when site facilities are poor, or when wild camping. The beauty is having the choice. Strange the things that wind some folk up - must be a first world problem!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Perhaps Jim should launch a new fashion accessory for the well appointed funster - the motorhomefun dressing gown. Imagine your trek to the shower block with the bright yellow smiley face logo prominently embroidered announcing your funster credentials. You'll either have that shower block to yourself, or it could get very crowded :whatthe:
I read that as “prominently covering your funster credentials” :Eeek:

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
I think a lot of it is down to how much stress it is to clean up afterwards, especially the shower. The interior of some bathroom layouts defies all logic, melamine edging just waiting to get soaked and fall off, more or less the whole area needing to be wiped down dry. I use ours every time as I hate using site facilities but I do have to clean everything down afterwards. I had a strip wash in a bowl outside the van a few weeks back, brilliant, no splashed bathroom to clean up, plus an eye candy treat for the wife :cool:
My main stipulation when buying my second van was a separate shower cubicle, heaven😂😂

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Wasn’t Jimmy Saville good at wearing crocks and shell suits. And soap on a rope.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
As a regular user of showers before Covid (not at the moment) I can explain the dressing gown thing. I hate the performance of removing and donning trousers and underwear on soaking wet floors. Wear nothing but a dressing gown, walk in the shower, hang up towel and dressing gown on hook, shower, dry, don dressing gown and walk back. Simples!!
Ahhhh... :cool: now I get it.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I have a lightweight cotton track suit for those activities. When I'm wearing it I can also kid myself that I'm fit!
John
Many years I did the motorcycle marshalling for triathlons. They always gave me a free shirt which I wore with pride over my beer gut ;)

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
Why ?
Well there is a heck of a lot more room in on site showers and (usually) a lot of very hot water.
No cleaning up.
And who the hell wears a dressing gown ?
If you see a good looking guy in only a pair of shorts and crocs with a towel over his shoulder that just might be me.
Yea, each to his own.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Why ?
Well there is a heck of a lot more room in on site showers and (usually) a lot of very hot water.
No cleaning up.
And who the hell wears a dressing gown ?
If you see a good looking guy in only a pair of shorts and crocs with a towel over his shoulder that just might be me.
Yea, each to his own.

.. Soooooo... That makes 35 Funster men who identify themselves as the good looking guy wearing crocs and shorts with a towel over his shoulder? :)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Why not buy a van with a toilet 😉
I do but am suggesting the poster complaining about seeing people walking around any site with a toilet roll is being unreasonable as many don't have facilities on their pitch whether in motorhomes, caravans or tents!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
(since before covid as we've been at home since March)

If the site facilities are acceptable I will use them - generally once the cleaning is done (an afternoon shower just feels decadent somehow) and we usually use the site loos during the day so as not to have to do the cassette as often - but in bad weather or if the site facilities are not up to standard then we have our own on board.

Using the van shower means there is a lot of wall and screen and floor to dry after use. I have tried using a shower mat in the shower to keep the feet of the next occupant dry but then there is a shower mat to get dry as well. Perhaps plastic bags over socks should be insisted on.

I tend to wash my hair in the sink using the shower sprayhead rather than in the shower as it is easier to clean out hair from the sink than get down on my poor old worn out knees to do the shower drain. A proper strip wash does the job on days when one doesn't want (or can't be bothered with the clear up after) a full shower.
It's no bloody use talking sense on this thread 😁

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I can remember taking the family tent camping in France in the 1980's. Taking a loo roll was vital! Getting the kids to remember to bring it back was the problem and also their shower gel when they went to the shower block!

Anyway whilst there a family in a ginormous American RV used to turn up every year for 3 weeks. The whole family had white fluffy monogrammed dressing gowns to go to and from morning and evening ablutions! There were the subject of some ridicule from both French and English but probably more because they were obviously a very well healed family!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back