The Dreaded Rot (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have just found small areas of wet rot on the under floor of my Rapido where it meets the wall, obviously there has been some water ingress over sometime which I have now prevented and sealed but there are small areas where the plywood has become a little spongy and I can smell the decay.. I have also noticed there are some areas of woodworm attack over the whole of the floor. My intention is to treat the spongy areas with first with Sika 5 star wood treatment which should kill off the rot by injecting it with syringe as well as painting the area he and then spraying the rest of the underside to deal with the woodworm. I am also going to use Ronseal wood Hardner on the spongy areas again using a syringe so that I get good penetration.

I was wondering of anyone had tried the same method/materials and if so what success or otherwise they had. I have contacted the manufacturers to find out if injecting the product too deep and therefore into the foam sandwich would have any affect on the foam by dissolving it or otherwise but so far Little information is forthcoming. Also I was wondering whether anyone has used underseal products on the underfloor to give further protection.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_1703.jpeg IMG_1700.jpeg

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
My first thoughts would be to cut out the rotten wood and replace with marine ply.
I would't underseal until certain the area is totally dry otherwise you are just sealing in any damp.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
I had spongy floor problems on an old swift royale .

Bought some spongy floor treatment stuff off eBay.....Google it ..try caravan soft floor as well...
You drill holes and inject the stuff in then plug the holes with wooden dowels cut to size..

Once dried sand the dowls and re lay the floor covering..

You'd never know

Sorry I can't remember the name but a Google will find it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Dekalin do a good range of products that might be what you need good luck đź‘Ť

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun