The downsize happens Saturday (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Well after what seems like a lifetime we pick up our new Warwick XL Saturday. :Grin: We've had the farewell tour in the old van and thanks to your input and many hours sitting in vans at shows and showrooms, we decided to downsize and arrived at the Warwick XL as our van of choice. (well till the next one). :D
The old van a 64 plate (Adria Coral plus s 670 sl) is sitting on the drive :crying1:waiting for her new owners. Cant understand why we feel sad for a van but as motorhomes go I can honestly recommend this to any prospective buyers.
It is back on sale at Geoff Cox in Derby and will be an excellent buy with a garage and everything already fitted including Vanbitz alarm and non starter.
It was our first motorhome, we started looking small vw and bought big. not a mistake just an experience,(y) now we have settled in the middle as this van will hopefully fit down the side of the property as I've measured:pray2:
We now have a garage full of very useful equipment that we carried everywhere and hardly used and it requires a place in the new van or maybe not.
We exchange Saturday then off to Vanbitz Cornish farm for the full monty alarm fit on the 17th Listen out for the alarm test in the afternoon::bigsmile:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds good and a lovely van, although I am Auto-Sleeper biased, being a recent convert and 'downsizer' myself. Only difference was that all of my surplus gear lived in the loft and not the garage.

Enjoy (y)

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Sounds good and a lovely van, although I am Auto-Sleeper biased, being a recent convert and 'downsizer' myself. Only difference was that all of my surplus gear lived in the loft and not the garage.

Enjoy (y)
It is exciting times. First Auto-sleeper van for us just hoping its as good as the Adria. looking forward to using the van a bit more as hopefully places become more accessible

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
hopefully places become more accessible
... that's why I'm going from a 7.something meter to a 5 meter.
Still got the problem of height barriers in car parks though! :rolleyes:

All best wishes for Saturday, & ever after (y)

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014

Im looking at the fact that white van man gets everywhere in basically the same size van as the Warwick. its the width that causes more problems I found on the coach build as you can park but you end up blocking the road

Reactions: CWH

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations and enjoy your adventures in your new van!

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Enjoy your new van. We downsized four years ago and have not looked back. We had coachbuilts for sixteen years.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

That problem's not unique to vans though, when I towed the caravan with the Toaureg, I had to take the roofbox off the car to get under most height barriers. It was a bit of a pain having to lock it to a caravan leg :mad:

Maybe a forward mounted Stihl saw could be the next option :LOL:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017

Enjoy (y)
You had a loft in your van? :notworthy2:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We certainly like our pvc after having a coachbuilt for five and a half years. So much easier to 'go places'.

Hope you have fun with yours and that it exceeds expectations! (y)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
No wonder they got shot of it. Bet the toll charge was horrendous :D
@makems I don't like to brag, but the loft was the least of my worries. The wine cellar really ate in to my payload and if I ever forgot to drain the basement pool before setting off, the mpg really suffered :rofl:

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Having just Googled the Warwick that van looks superb and appeals to me. Unfortunately the wife wants something bigger and with more space!
I have convinced her that an RV is not realistic I just wish I could convince her to downsize again lol.

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Having just Googled the Warwick that van looks superb and appeals to me. Unfortunately the wife wants something bigger and with more space!
I have convinced her that an RV is not realistic I just wish I could convince her to downsize again lol.
Been a long day. But the van is now parked on the drive. And it fits down the side of the house thank god(y). Excellent drive back. Handles so much better than coachbuild. I'm suprised how much I've managed to pack in so far and the layout makes the van feel so much larger that the much bigger van. I can only recommend you go and see one.:)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Pleased you got it home ok (y)

If you're anything like me, you'll be on guard duty for a week until you get it down to Cornish Farm.

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Pleased you got it home ok (y)

If you're anything like me, you'll be on guard duty for a week until you get it down to Cornish Farm.
lol you're not wrong there. They have to pitch the car first it's parked 1mm from the front bumper (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Been a long day. But the van is now parked on the drive. And it fits down the side of the house thank god(y). Excellent drive back. Handles so much better than coachbuild. I'm suprised how much I've managed to pack in so far and the layout makes the van feel so much larger that the much bigger van. I can only recommend you go and see one.:)
Congratulations on picking up your new van!
Hope you have many happy and safe trips in her.(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
A
Well after what seems like a lifetime we pick up our new Warwick XL Saturday. :Grin: We've had the farewell tour in the old van and thanks to your input and many hours sitting in vans at shows and showrooms, we decided to downsize and arrived at the Warwick XL as our van of choice. (well till the next one). :D
The old van a 64 plate (Adria Coral plus s 670 sl) is sitting on the drive :crying1:waiting for her new owners. Cant understand why we feel sad for a van but as motorhomes go I can honestly recommend this to any prospective buyers.
It is back on sale at Geoff Cox in Derby and will be an excellent buy with a garage and everything already fitted including Vanbitz alarm and non starter.
It was our first motorhome, we started looking small vw and bought big. not a mistake just an experience,(y) now we have settled in the middle as this van will hopefully fit down the side of the property as I've measured:pray2:
We now have a garage full of very useful equipment that we carried everywhere and hardly used and it requires a place in the new van or maybe not.
We exchange Saturday then off to Vanbitz Cornish farm for the full monty alarm fit on the 17th Listen out for the alarm test in the afternoon::bigsmile:
After a lifetime of motorhoms caravans and tents including three VW California's to our present van conversion.
After spending last week touring Cornwall I am again completely hooked on another California. Everything else is just too big..(y)

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
A

After a lifetime of motorhoms caravans and tents including three VW California's to our present van conversion.
After spending last week touring Cornwall I am again completely hooked on another California. Everything else is just too big..(y)
That's where we started our search. We ended up with the Adrian coral :D Love the California. Now if it had a bathroom (y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That's where we started our search. We ended up with the Adrian coral :D Love the California. Now if it had a bathroom (y)
I know where you are coming from but all motorhoming is a compromise. But sometimes you have to go with your heart not your head.....(y)

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I know where you are coming from but all motorhoming is a compromise. But sometimes you have to go with your heart not your head.....(y)
I wish. SHMBO says bathroom. Heart has nothing to do with it. :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back