The Dog Thread (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
RIP Charlie, big goodbye said yesterday. We had a chain of cuddles going on. Daughter cuddling Charlie, her husband cuddling her, me cuddling the baby and Grandad outside with the toddler. Tears all round.
He was 15 and had been nursed through many illnesses after a lucky start when daughter found him by the roadside in India as a puppy but with an injury to his back so he couldn’t at first walk.

View attachment 317291
I have only just seen this, I am so sad for you. xxx

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
What a beautiful dog!
Thank you, she was.
I chose her when the litter were just 2 weeks old, then at 5.5 weeks of age the farmer phoned me to say they were eating, come and get her...….eeekkkkk, she fitted in the palm of my hand.
I added replacement milk, egg (from my own hens FR) & farleys rusks to her food and she did really well.
She only had a lead on her when I trained her on a long line & when she went blind in old age.
She checked the sheep with me everyday, that was her walk & if any needed cutting out of the brambles she let me know.
She just seemed to know everything, so clever, a wonderful dog & one in a million.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
IMG-20190811-WA0001.jpg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Of course, when we bought the motor home, we said she wouldn't be allowed on the sofa, that lasted all of a day. :)
our motorhomes are our extended home and as such home to our dogs too, we make it comfortable for too. but no dogs on the fixed bed thankyou, which they respect

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back