Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Hi all, I needed to tell someone, so you are it!! :p

I have handed in my notice at work, I finish mid April. I am in the process of purchasing a Hobby 750 FMSE off a friend of mine here in Berlin, and my plan is for Debs and I to return to UK in April, MOT the Van, book a ferry across to Spain, turn right and spend the next 10 months touring Spain/Portugal/Spain.
To say I am excited and relieved is an understatement, I look forward to meeting face to face with as many funsters as poss9ible whilst on our adventure.
Cheers all.:party2::wine:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
LOL Don't worry Bob, his wife is English so he has been educated. Mind you wait until you see the rubbish he spouts out around the Six Nations and worse this year because of the World Cup. We think that it is envy because Wales have never been in a final or won a RWC. Once his partner in crime get going there is no stopping them @ShiftZZ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My reasoning was that I would take in Portugal and The Atlantic Coast during the hotter months

Bearing in mind we don't have aircon, we fear heat more than cold in the MH, that was my logic. You'll notice many FUNsters head for Spain over the winter and head out come spring.

We are back to Italy again end of May, the weather then is just perfect for our taste. We go to Spain for the weather but go to Italy because our hearts are there. We can't say why, Spain has some of the most stunning scenery in Europe, the Moorish building are a must see. Muslim at it's best.

JJ is your man for clues to the heat in Portugal and for that matter all things Portugal.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
LOL Don't worry Bob, his wife is English so he has been educated. Mind you wait until you see the rubbish he spouts out around the Six Nations and worse this year because of the World Cup. We think that it is envy because Wales have never been in a final or won a RWC. Once his partner in crime get going there is no stopping them @ShiftZZ

I remember the Autumn Internationals well Eddie!! lol, I love the banter though and the cameraderie of Rugby, I am sure there will be plenty afoot in around 3 weeks time!!
Incidentally I have a very good friend coming over to visit the weekend of 6th Feb, he is Welsh so a few beers and the game on in Belushis Berlin!! Joining us is another good friend who is English and has a Welsh Wife, so all in all it should be a bit of a riot!!
Got to love it!!

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Great choice of MH! We too have a hobby 750, fixed single beds, with bathroom across the rear of the van. We love it! We bought it in May 2013 and we are still pinching ourselves on every outing, we can't believe how lucky we are! I'm not sure how many other Hobby owners there are on here, but you can be assured that if you have any questions or problems you will always get help on this forum, there are some very experienced motorhomers who are very generous with their time and advice. I hope you enjoy your new Motorhome and your subsequent adventures as much as we have.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Great choice of MH! We too have a hobby 750, fixed single beds, with bathroom across the rear of the van. We love it! We bought it in May 2013 and we are still pinching ourselves on every outing, we can't believe how lucky we are! I'm not sure how many other Hobby owners there are on here, but you can be assured that if you have any questions or problems you will always get help on this forum, there are some very experienced motorhomers who are very generous with their time and advice. I hope you enjoy your new Motorhome and your subsequent adventures as much as we have.

Thanks for the confidence boost JACQ, it is good to hear that other owners are happy with their 750s, as I say we like the fixed bed, we like the look, we like the space under the bed and also external Gas and Shower points. It has a Drive Away Awning too so delighted.. Could you tell me what MPG you get as I have read in various reports anything from 22 to 32 MPG. Having said that I am currently paying€1.05 a Ltr here which is fantastic!!
I hope to see you at some point in the future on the road or on our travels. Thanks again.:cheers:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To say I am excited and relieved is an understatement, I look forward to meeting face to face with as many funsters as poss9ible whilst on our adventure.
Hi B&D - why not see if you can fit in a stay at the National MH show at Peterborough in April, apart from being able to pick up any bits and bobs you might need from the stalls you'd also be able to 'play' with other funsters for a few days and pick what is left of their 'cumulative brain'! (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Hi B&D - why not see if you can fit in a stay at the National MH show at Peterborough in April, apart from being able to pick up any bits and bobs you might need from the stalls you'd also be able to 'play' with other funsters for a few days and pick what is left of their 'cumulative brain'! (y)

What are the dates Minx? I finish work here in Berlin and drive the MH home on Fri 10th April, then I have to be at Halton (Bucks) for a Rugby dinner and re-union on the nights of 14 and 15 th April. After that, I am completely free! (y)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Full info here: National show

You can arrive from Thursday 16 April - those arriving this day get access to the stalls etc that afternoon (no day visitors), then you can stay until noon on Monday 20th

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
I'm afraid we haven't tracked the MPG. The expert, otherwise known as Bernie, doesn't seem to have any inclination to do so. If he did it might affect his willingness to travel so far or so often, so I'm not pushing it! He's renowned for his short arms and long pockets! We've made good use of the external gas point, but not used the external shower yet, although it will be handy when our devilish wheaten scottie next decides to go bog surfing. We love the space and generous payload and take far more than we need with us......just in case! We had a Nature Pure water filter fitted after we bought the van, and can highly recommend it. Must admit to buying things too soon though and realising we didn't need them! We would second the suggestion for Peterborough MH show, we were there last year with the Funsters and hope to attend again this year, but all will depend on the imminent release of Bernie's 2015 shift list from the RAC! It would be great to see you if we're all able to make it.

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Congratulations & best wishes for your future adventures! Keep saying it but life really is too short & a little money can go a long way with a bit of planning. We have just taken the plunge & taken early retirement so won't ever have a lot of money but hopefully will be rich in life :)

Upvote 0

Doramk1

Free Member
Dec 27, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Home made
Exp
since 2001
Congratulations now you can start to live your life the way you want to. :party2: Freedom :clap2:

Have fun can't wait to be doing the same ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
How can we book with the orgasnisers when the MHfun name is not on the list of clubs. It just throws me out

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Good on you, you will have an amazing time. We may even bump in to you as we will be in Spain/Portugal for the next 6 months (y)

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi all, I needed to tell someone, so you are it!! :p

I have handed in my notice at work, I finish mid April. I am in the process of purchasing a Hobby 750 FMSE off a friend of mine here in Berlin, and my plan is for Debs and I to return to UK in April, MOT the Van, book a ferry across to Spain, turn right and spend the next 10 months touring Spain/Portugal/Spain.
Good for you, Go for it Mi Amigo

Upvote 0

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
My reasoning was that I would take in Portugal and The Atlantic Coast during the hotter months, heading around the bottom and up through the East Coast of Spain in the Autumn. May even get a crack at a few Tuna in The Atlantic then from the Portugese Ports. Always open to advice though and will check and tweek the route as we get closer to the time, although our one rule is: The only place we have to be at any given time is the ferry back to UK to get the MH MOT'd ready for the next adventure down to Italy the following year!!
Congratulations, hope you enjoy it as much as I have, the stress just disappears! My friends have a Hobby the same as yours, I love the layout on it. I'm heading to Sardinia in a week or so from Genoa, then onto Sicily and mainland Italy, I was supposed to be doing a couple of months in Germany but the lure of Italy again was too much! Much fun lies ahead for you..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Well time is approaching fast. Debs and I take Possession of our MH next Tuesday (7th Apr) and are driving home via Holland and a quick visit to my Dad. (Photos will follow)
We will be home in UK for around 5 weeks, with every Weekend planned in to use the MH and get used to ist peculiarities etc. Then Spain/Portugal here we come, departing UK on or around 14th May and it is our Intention to spend 10 months touring the Iberian Peninsular.
We hope to bump into lots of fellow funsters and will be asking Jim ever so nicely for a couple of Stickers (when I get home will mail SAE Jim) so look out for us and we will for you.
The freedom is going to be mindblowing.:party2::party2::clap2::clap2:

Cheers all.:cheers:

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Well done you two. We may cross paths as we are booked on ferry 12th May and ambling down south for next 8 weeks. Enjoy your new MoHo and stop smiling with the new found freedom. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Well done you two. We may cross paths as we are booked on ferry 12th May and ambling down south for next 8 weeks. Enjoy your new MoHo and stop smiling with the new found freedom. :)
That would be good BB, safe journey, hope to share a beer along the way!! You are an ex service man too if I recall correctly!! Cheers :cheers:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Will look out for you both. Yes, ex submariner, still not used to daylight. :cooler: :france::wine:
:cheers::clap2::drink:
Was in The Falklands with a Submariner, great bloke, mad as a box of frogs, and also played rugby years back with a lad who was on the Conquerer in The Falklands! Top bloke, decent player too and a monster on the beer! We plan to go right around the Iberian Peninsular so will keep updates going on here and hopefully cross paths. Bon voyage!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back