The CV19 rules in Germany (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
So that’s our trip to France scuppered, my next thoughts are to quickly transit France from the tunnel into Germany. Ive checked with my travel insurance and whilst the transit journey wouldn’t be covered as soon as I get to Germany the cover is then reinstated. Does anyone know what if any restrictions are in place for folk entering Germany from France?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Taken from ...................... https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/germany/entry-requirements

Quarantine requirements
"The German Interior Ministry has encouraged federal states to revise their quarantine regulations for arriving and returning travellers. People entering from other EU countries, the Schengen area and the UK will only have to go into quarantine if they are entering from an area where there is a high rate of infection. Travellers should consult local federal state and health authority guidance for specific arrangements (see Federal Interior Ministry FAQs

Since 8 August travellers entering Germany after staying in a designated risk area abroad during the previous 14 days must undergo mandatory testing for Covid-19. The German government regularly updates its list of designated risk areas. See the English archive at the bottom of this <Broken link removed> for the latest list.

If you’re travelling to Germany and have been in a designated risk area, there are three choices. You can:

• present a valid test taken within 48 hours prior to arrival;
  • take a test directly on arrival - there are facilities to provide such testing operating at airports and major transport hubs; or
  • take a test after your return to your place of residence in Germany, where you are required to report to the local health office. The test is free of charge if taken within 72 hours of arrival.
A negative test may exempt you from the 14-day self-isolation requirement, but you should note that some German states require a second negative test before granting an exemption from quarantine."

Cheers,

Jock. :)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

This is the section of interest from the news source i use for Germany

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Having crossed the boarder into Germany from France 5hrs ago, I’d say it’s no different to normal. Nothing physically at the boarder. People are just wearing masks to go indoors when you get to a German town/city.

OP
OP
wp1234
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Taken from ...................... https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/germany/entry-requirements

Quarantine requirements
"The German Interior Ministry has encouraged federal states to revise their quarantine regulations for arriving and returning travellers. People entering from other EU countries, the Schengen area and the UK will only have to go into quarantine if they are entering from an area where there is a high rate of infection. Travellers should consult local federal state and health authority guidance for specific arrangements (see Federal Interior Ministry FAQs

Since 8 August travellers entering Germany after staying in a designated risk area abroad during the previous 14 days must undergo mandatory testing for Covid-19. The German government regularly updates its list of designated risk areas. See the English archive at the bottom of this <Broken link removed> for the latest list.

If you’re travelling to Germany and have been in a designated risk area, there are three choices. You can:

• present a valid test taken within 48 hours prior to arrival;
  • take a test directly on arrival - there are facilities to provide such testing operating at airports and major transport hubs; or
  • take a test after your return to your place of residence in Germany, where you are required to report to the local health office. The test is free of charge if taken within 72 hours of arrival.
A negative test may exempt you from the 14-day self-isolation requirement, but you should note that some German states require a second negative test before granting an exemption from quarantine."

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Thanks for this

OP
OP
wp1234
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010

This is the section of interest from the news source i use for Germany
This is very useful thank you 👍

Apr 24, 2017
MK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am guessing touring in Germany is now not possible following their decision on the 26th to put the UK on their 'International Risk Countries' list. Or am i reading this wrongly and it only applies to certain states? The UK FCO website seems outdated as it is still staying it is ok to travel.

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
! That’s not what the link M. crazy legs just posted on the other thread ( Germany/ Austria August September) says.......This was from the German gov stating which countries are on the naughty list and Uk was not then on it...
Been scouring news for any updates not seen this. Easily confused... also beginning to Abandon Hope of getting off on holiday next Weds as UKsites mainly booked .

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe I should cancel tunnel hide in Moho on drive for 16 days with large supply of alcohol.
Not good with uncertainty, or cancelled plans, or thoughts of not- France- but- Germany no stopping no credit cards in stels just ? Loose change .
Sigh. Pulling socks up /self together .Onwards old woman .!.... thank you funsters for good examples of Go for it- ness ......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back