MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We've made arrangements to stay there on Friday evening and use their restaurant facilities. has anyone stayed there before who can add any information?

We'll be taking the dog and our 2 and half year old grandson (as their website says they have a playground and are dog friendly, even in the bar!) and meeting up with some family who live in Andover.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Just got back !! highly recommended !!

The parking area for motorhomes was hard standing/gravel and we managed to park alongside a large grassed area - not such a good idea in the morning when we had a bit of rain in the overnight though LOL

The price of a meal was not overpriced and the food was excellent - the restaurant started to get busy around 1845 onwards but we managed to get a table inside around 1930 - the big bonus was that the pub advertises that they are dog friendly - I would dispute that and say they are VERY VERY dog friendly and even gave out dog biscuits !

Between us all we had steak and ale pie, chicken curry, beer battered fish, garlic mushroom stroganoff and a cheeseburger for the young man - but to be honest it would have been suitable for an adult aswell, due to its size and presentation. so a mixed bag of meals and everyone enjoyed whatever they had.

About an hour after we arrived a second motorhome with two children also arrived to stay overnight - they were still there when we left but I didn't get chance to ask their thoughts or how they found the pub - but as they were all locked down when we left I obviousy didn't want to disturb them.

I reckon there would be enough parking for 5 or 6 motorhomes easily, aswell as enough spaces for cars/normal trade.

The play area was a really just two slides, towers and a bridge BUT our 2 1/2 year old grandson played on for hours and didn't get bored, older children might get a bit fed up, but there's plenty of grassed areas to kick a ball or play lots of other games.

Access from the adjacent road is a little restricted but easily negotiable. its just at the end of the village of Cholderton (or at the start depending on your route lol)

20180525_172612.jpg
20180525_172740.jpg
20180525_172807.jpg
20180526_070414.jpg

There is a church hall over the road with a working bell every hour, but as the motorhome was parked well away, we only actually heard it when we were outside and it certainly didn't affect our sleep.

Highly recommended for dog owning motorhomers and everyone else of course !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back