Free Member
Oct 20, 2011
SOUTHAMPTON
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
IM A NEEWBIE
Any day now we should receive the call to say our Motorhome has finally arrived and is ready and waiting.
All though we are very excited, we are also apprehensive as our Caravan that we purchased a few years ago, caused us no end of problems.

We have been busy getting together all the things we need, Thankfully most of the caravan stuff has hardly been used so only a few things to buy.

We had to purchase new island bed - bedding as the bed is much larger than the 4'5''one we had in the caravan. We now have 2 sets of Island bed sheets that are of no use plus a top throw. These were made by Jonics, so if any one is interested please let me know.

If any one can help, What should we be looking out for when we take collection?

Should we buy a generator for when we are not on serviced sites, and if so what one?

Should we buy special tracking mats for when parked up on grass in case we get bogged down?

Any useful advice to make the transition from caravan to Motorhome will be most welcome.

We look forward to meeting some of you on our travels, Hope to see you all soon.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Geordie, welcome. You cant be far from us we are in SO31. I hope you are happy with the new MH when it arrives. Lots of good help and advise on here.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Welcome to MH Fun.

Hope the new van is all you expect.

As to buying extras, I am a firm believer in use first and see what you need, too often people go mad on extras then put them on classified ads as they find they don't need them, it all costs and maybe that money could be spent on something else, in a bottle maybe?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GEORDIE

GEORDIE

Free Member
Oct 20, 2011
SOUTHAMPTON
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
IM A NEEWBIE
Thanks for reply's

Yes we are in Hythe so not to far from you., It looks like you are very similar to us , we have been married 38 years and have a brood of grand children to. 16 at the last count and a Great grandson to.

We belong to the New forest Harley Owners Group as the wife and I both have bikes. Getting a bit old for it now ,hence the Motor home, We have decided to keep the bikes this year and see how we go on. May be we will sell them or tow them. It all depends on how we take to the new life style.

I allways wanted a Motorhome , but just never got round to it, We started with the caravan which all though we enjoyed the camping, was a work up as the wife had to have the biggest awning , which all ways put me in a good mood even before we put it up., The caravan was a Friday afternoon special and had no end of things go wrong with it. , I was a great believer in the saying, you get what you pay for. But not in this case.

Fingers crossed this time, we took several years deciding and then un deciding what we wanted, so I am hopeful that we didn't buy the first thing we saw. We drew up a list of wants and pretty much stuck to it. Of course I'm sure we will have got something wrong, but as long as we enjoy it we will overcome any issues.

We joined this site as a back up for advice and meeting new people, So may the sun shine all summer please,

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Yes we are in Hythe so not to far from you., It looks like you are very similar to us , we have been married 38 years and have a brood of grand children to. 16 at the last count and a Great grandson to.

We belong to the New forest Harley Owners Group as the wife and I both have bikes. Getting a bit old for it now ,hence the Motor home, We have decided to keep the bikes this year and see how we go on. May be we will sell them or tow them. It all depends on how we take to the new life style.

I allways wanted a Motorhome , but just never got round to it, We started with the caravan which all though we enjoyed the camping, was a work up as the wife had to have the biggest awning , which all ways put me in a good mood even before we put it up., The caravan was a Friday afternoon special and had no end of things go wrong with it. , I was a great believer in the saying, you get what you pay for. But not in this case.

Fingers crossed this time, we took several years deciding and then un deciding what we wanted, so I am hopeful that we didn't buy the first thing we saw. We drew up a list of wants and pretty much stuck to it. Of course I'm sure we will have got something wrong, but as long as we enjoy it we will overcome any issues.

We joined this site as a back up for advice and meeting new people, So may the sun shine all summer please,
Never too old for a Harley! I tow mine in trailer when we go abroad:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi and welcome
the best advise i can give you is don't buy anything extra like a generator, awning etc
until you really decide you need it.
once you get it home spend a weekend living in it on your drive way then decide if you require anything extra. and if you decide you have forgotten something its only in the house just down the drive.

then the following weekend try again but without the hook up cable plugged in as this will give you an indication of how long you can last off grid although you may have to be a little economical with the lights and Tv use etc.

other than that enjoy your new toy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back