The Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
Hi I don't know if anyone can offer some advice about the Caravan club. We have never joined anything like this, is it worth the money? can we stay on their sites without joining?
We like quiet sites without swimming pool clubhouse etc. they seem to have many sites that fit the bill and their website seems easy to navigate. Help please!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just returned from a two week trip where we used several CC sites plus some privately owned ones. As a generalisation the CC sites were cheaper and much better in terms of facilities, I.e. cleaner, more modern and much friendlier staff. The CC site at Kendal is worthing joining the club for just on its own.

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We are in it and we have been on some excellent sites slightly better than camping and caravan club.
This year we have joined the caravan club green flag which is excellent and the same price as the aa but we got vouchers for 2 free nights camping bonus hope this helps
Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, we stay on C/C sites mostly because of the facilities, not the clubhouse/swimming pools etc. They do adults only sites if that is what you want (we prefer them). I think you can go on some without being a member but it will cost you extra, so for a few nights it is woth joining, you can get discounts on your insurance sometimes too if you are a member, They also have their own insurance scheme. As well as the "big" sites they also have small affiliated sites, which are more basic, but still do the job.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Excellent certified locations (5van sites) that are good value. :thumb:We use these more than the more expensive main sites

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012
I am a member but would warn you to be careful about their own insurance. For me their quotes have been very expensive.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I get more than my membership money back when using them for certain bookings, the best part though is their CL sites some truly stunning locations.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
We don't plan trips too far ahead so getting a bit of discount, for a ferry booking at short notice, is another advantage of membership. Also, if the crossing is cancelled, like ours was last January, during our journey to Southampton, the club sort out alternatives, which we found extremely useful.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Well worth the membership, if only to escape the withering look at the front desk when you arrive and announce that you are a non-member...:ROFLMAO:
Seriously, as already stated, many of the CLs are awesome.:Smile:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Local centres also run rallies all over the country which are a cost effective way of getting out regularly, getting to some lovely venues and meeting people.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Morning early birds
We been members of both the caravan club and camping and caravanning club for over 20 years with our caravan. They are both very different beasts but alongside club sites they both offer their 5 van sites (certified locations/certified sites) which we now mainly use and intend to carry on when we get our m/h. As others have said these can be in amazing spots and usually MUCH more pitch space. (Usually a lot cheaper)

Another big difference is the cc does not take deposits for bookings and the booking line opens in Dec each year. Very often the popular sites are booked well in advance so if you aren't able to book time off due to work commitments it is often a problem. Also policy is that you choose your pitch when you get there so if you are with others and want to pitch together you have to arrive together which isn't always possible.

Plus sides - you know what you're getting as standards are consistent.

The cc&c take deposits but we've found them to be getting expensive, however they do offer different deals. We've found pitch sizes to be smaller than the cc. They also offer lots of temporary holiday sites which are really good value.

Several places you have got both clubs adjacent/close to each other - Sandingham, Malvern, Leek just of the top of my head. Some are members only, if I were you I'd try a few nights an each as non members.

Both offer various add on discount products, both do a monthly mag, both have websites, the cc recently launched a forum which has been eye opening.

Hope this helps, if you want to know more please ask.

Deb

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Good discount !!

We don't plan trips too far ahead so getting a bit of discount, for a[HI] ferry booking [/HI]at short notice, is another advantage of membership. Also, if the crossing is cancelled, like ours was last January, during our journey to Southampton, the club sort out alternatives, which we found extremely useful.

Just about to book a ferry in November !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
caravan club recommended

We joined 2 years ago after many years on a yearly pitch at a private site.We were impressed by the standards at their sites , both cleanliness in facility blocks and site appearance in general. We like the fact that when you go to a new ( to you ) site , you know in advance what to expect . I was suprised at Berwick upon tweed when the lady warden in reception greeted us with a 'Hello Mr ( my surname) ' When I asked how she knew the reply was 'I saw your number plate as you drove in' . It is only a little detail that proves their online booking system works but it set me up for the rest of the day.
Join the Club . You wont regret it.

OP
OP
gasman2008
Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
Thank you to everyone who replied, all in favor so we will give it a go if we stay in England this year, and that depends on the weather.

:Smile:

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Its handy if you want to quickly find a site in an area you`ve never been to, the main sites are expensive but the first cl we used this year was a lot cheaper and better than some main sites we`ve stayed at. I get quotes for ferry and breakdown off them but found others cheaper for same deals.
So because its handy to have i keep with it.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi I don't know if anyone can offer some advice about the Caravan club. We have never joined anything like this, is it worth the money? can we stay on their sites without joining?
We like quiet sites without swimming pool clubhouse etc. they seem to have many sites that fit the bill and their website seems easy to navigate. Help please!

Personally I prefer the C&CC to the CC, as I use the small CS/CL type sites, but prefer it if there are tents as well as caravans/motorhomes, as it is more sociable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back