The Caravan and Motorhome Club: comments and questions (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We had just the opposite experience at Castleton this week. We turned up unaware that the arrival time had been put back to 1.00pm from 12.00. The female warden opened up the office and let us in despite the fact that we were an hour early. As regards the OP are you saying that the wardens aren't allowed to have a lunch break like the rest of us. They are busy cleaning the toilets up to about mid-day and if they then went on to gate duty they wouldn't get to eat their dinner.

Ahhh you might well have had a warm welcome at Castleton after a really stupid experience we watched unfold a few years ago.

We were on our way there and arrived at the same time a two other members, both of which had caravans we were third in the queue, the gate was closed and the first chap went into the office after a few minutes the warden came out followed by the club member, were a heated discussion continued the warden saying in a very loud voice we were all too early and the gate wouldn't open until 12-30, it was actually 11.55.
The club member went off into the site on foot, mean while other units arrived filling the short entry road and overflowing into the main road, very soon the waiting caravans and motorhomes became a road blockage.
I went into the office to explain what was going on, the wardens sitting around drinking tea explaining in not a very nice tone that the rules are there so people can leave the site without other caravans etc coming on as causing mayhem, well I said in the 30 mins we have sat outside the gate not one single unit has left the site and you have now caused a road block stopping all the traffic on the main road.
The warden came out seeing the madness he had caused opened the gate, unfortunately the first caravan couldn't move because the driver had gone into the site to find his brother, the warden now really not very happy went off to find him, some time later they both appeared the warden all waving arms and shouting, the Club member turned to him saying you caused all this with your bloody hitler approach, you said you wouldn't let anyone in until 12-30 so I went off until 12-30.

Thankfully not all club wardens have this stupid attitude but there are still a few around to give the Club a bad name.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
All sites have at least two wardens, only takes one to book people in, so they could stagger their lunch hour. That has been the practice in every place I have worked. Having said that, try booking into sites in Europe anytime before 2 o’clock! The one in Ypres was 5 o’clock, with nowhere outside to park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I’m in both clubs but mainly do the THS that’s cheap holidays for us, most we paid was 12 quid at Porth Beach Newquay. We’ve had 9 weeks away up to now this year all on THS or rally fields

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back