Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Anyone see these featured in this months Caravan Club magazine?

Simply a hammock with one side secured over the headrests of the reversed front swivel seats.

Looks a handy solution to us. We have four belted seats but just three bunks.

Steve

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, Steve we had one of those 40 years ago in a hired vw camper very comfy but that was 7 stone ago :roflmto:

Not a new idea! Invented by Westfalia I believe!::bigsmile:

But, a neat solution for an extra bunk!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
how does it work if you only have one full height bulkhead behind the seats. :ROFLMAO:

Having just googled your vehicle, I feel quite certain you are not in desperate need of a put-you-up style bunk!

Steve

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Looks like a great idea, which may have just changed the spec. of the motorhome we're looking for !!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there are various ways it was done with a vw. holes in the window and door pillars you slipped a spiked pole . some rested on half cup style brackets . some had hooks that hooked over another hook fixed to the door . pillars .
my dad had some in a bedford ca we took to italy one year way back in the early 60,s . my brother used the bunk, i had to sleep on the front seats under the bunk . those were the days.
is there really any new ideas out there .or are they just reinventing the wheel .?

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Cabbunks or children's extra cab beds

Hi, I am new to MHFun.
I think that those funsters comparing the old two-pole hammocks for VW's haven't seen the photos of the Cabbunk. It is unique in allowing the use of the cab for a double bunk and uses the swivel seats facing backwards into the 'van'.
It allows the lounge/dinette to still be used while the kids are in bed and it avoids the 'jigsaw' bed making!
In short, 'Grampers' can keep their lovely, elegant van but still offer to take the little'uns away.

Yes, I am biased, I invented and developed and patented the Cabbunk! Please make your own minds up after looking at the pics. BUT PLEASE, there is no way that it is copied, it is unique and we are manufacturing in Derbyshire and looking to export to Europe in the next couple of years. Sorry to preach, the VW guys touched a nerve!!
Good-Burstner-Travelvan-2kid-Cabbunk.jpg

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
As others have said, we used to sleep the kids in one thirty odd years ago in our VW.
No elevating roof, two adults, two kids and a dog plus all our gear etc. Now we have a six berth for the two of us and we sail close to the weight limit. How times change.:ROFLMAO:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
when myfour girls were young we had a Lunar six berth caravan, it had two lots of longitude settees one at the front end and one at the rear, over the two rear ones we had hammocks , canvas on two poles that fitted into cup brackets above the two settees making two double bunks, tey came with the caravan made by Lunar, the girls loved it.::bigsmile: easy to erect and just as easy to put away in the day time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back